+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma

The eye of Hurricane Irma is now less than 15 miles southeast of Key West.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-latest-news/

Re: Hurricane Irma

Outside of Cardiff, my favourite place on the planet, I love it there. I was there a couple of months ago, and due back there next year. Praying that the impact isn't too severe

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Outside of Cardiff, my favourite place on the planet, I love it there. I was there a couple of months ago, and due back there next year. Praying that the impact isn't too severe
    It's still Category 4, so very much in the lap of the gods.

Those Yanks don't half get excited about the prospect of a drop of rain. News networks there have known for days that Irma wouldn't be nearly as powerful as was once projected, but nonetheless they persisted with outrageous hype and fear-mongering to keep viewers tuning in.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Those Yanks don't half get excited about the prospect of a drop of rain. News networks there have known for days that Irma wouldn't be nearly as powerful as was once projected, but nonetheless they persisted with outrageous hype and fear-mongering to keep viewers tuning in.
    "Florida has been hit by the 'most catastrophic storm' it has ever seen, with Hurricane Irma bringing tornadoes, a 15ft sea surge, flooding and 130mph winds.

In the last few hours, Irma has strengthened to a Category 4 storm and closed in on the island chain known as the Florida Keys, the US National Hurricane Center said.

At midday UK time the hurricane crashed into Lower Florida Keys and is now expected to move "near or along" the peninsular state's west coast, where it threatens storm surges of up to 4.6 meters - enough to cover a house."

You really are a strange one.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Came back from Antigua on Friday 1st Sept ... weather forecast was a bit of rain for the week after we left!

From The Independent just now - Three people have now lost their lives in mainland US as Hurricane Irma batters Florida's Lower Keys.

Just a drop of rain, eh?

Problem being that all power is down in key west, no phone signals, webcams all down so we can only guess as to the impact that a ten foot storm surge will do to an island which at its highest point is sixteen feet above sea level.
    Oh, and 135mph winds.

Drop of rain my arse

Organ is just disappointed that this isn't the apocalyptic event he's been predicting for at least two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You really are a strange one.
    Irony alert.

Irony alert.
    No, I think that on this occasion Nick is spot on

How do you know? Are you watching?

A million homes without power now. Y'know, according to the media.

The British media I should add. Although it's the lefty Guardian, so it's probably warm and sunny down there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A million homes without power now. Y'know, according to the media.
    It's all fake news.

How do you know? Are you watching?
    No. It's a tropical storm rather than a hurricane.

You post some shit but this tops the lot

The British media I should add. Although it's the lefty Guardian, so it's probably warm and sunny down there.
    We get CNN on sky, broadcasting live from Orlando and Miami, also streaming news from abc and 7 news. Nobody really knows what's happening in Key West. There was a guy live-streaming from islamorada but i guess his cell service has gone down.

Right now, I'm seeing reports that the entire island of key west 5 sq miles, is underwater.

We have never seen anything like these weather conditions in the U.K. The great storm of 1987 was a gentle breeze by comparison

We get CNN on sky, broadcasting live from Orlando and Miami, also streaming news from abc and 7 news. Nobody really knows what's happening in Key West. There was a guy live-streaming from islamorada but i guess his cell service has gone down.

Right now, I'm seeing reports that the entire island of key west 5 sq miles, is underwater.

We have never seen anything like these weather conditions in the U.K. The great storm of 1987 was a gentle breeze by comparison
    It's only a drop of rain ffs.

Breaking news - Hurricane Irma becomes more important the closer it gets to the US

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's only a drop of rain ffs.
    Irma car.jpg

CNN --- Constant Negative News

Yes we have, in 1953 a storm killed 307 people and made 40,000 homeless on the east coast of England.

BBC - Boring Boring Crap News