+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Re: Hurricane Irma

Drop of rain....this is before the storm surge btw

IMG_0012.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Yes we have, in 1953 a storm killed 307 people and made 40,000 homeless on the east coast of England.
    Well I didn't see it (wasn't born then) but tbh I doubt that even that storm was a cat 4 hurricane. We simply don't have the war. Temperature waters that create hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Well I didn't see it (wasn't born then) but tbh I doubt that even that storm was a cat 4 hurricane. We simply don't have the war. Temperature waters that create hurricanes
    19 ft tidal surge and 126mph winds. Worst natural disaster to hit England in over 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Only a slight breeze...
    Careful, some people cannot detect a tongue-in-cheek remark.

It looks deadly,feel sorry for the poor people who are stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    19 ft tidal surge and 126mph winds. Worst natural disaster to hit England in over 100 years.
    My point was that none of us have seen such weather so is Impossible for us to understand how bad it is.

I now accept that some people over the age of 70 might have seen something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    My point was that none of us have seen such weather so is Impossible for us to understand how bad it is.

I now accept that some people over the age of 70 might have seen something like it.
    My late father-in-law witnessed it, he was living in Cleethorpes at the time and they lost everything.

Organ made a post, I don't know if he was serious or not-I don't care. But, you've got to keep on, well after you've made your point, are you going to keep on producing evidence in order to prove your point? It's the stuff of a five year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    No. It's a tropical storm rather than a hurricane.
    It's actually a tropical cyclone, also known as a hurricane. What's your point?

What are your feelings on the term typhoon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Organ made a post, I don't know if he was serious or not-I don't care. But, you've got to keep on, well after you've made your point, are you going to keep on producing evidence in order to prove your point? It's the stuff of a five year old.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    That's a pickup truck in the shape of a fortune cookie. What was the message - "Organ says it's only a drop of rain"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Boyo, take some advice, turn off CNN or your preferred corporate media brainwashing medium of choice to discover that Irma is a dud.

Here's Fox News sensationalising a, er, branch falling.

Hatred of American media is enough to make someone downgrade a hurricane to drops of rain.

Blog Entries

Milk, no sugar.

Am I the only person wondering what the crocodiles/alligators are going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hatred of American media is enough to make someone downgrade a hurricane to drops of rain.
    As I intimated in my initial post in this thread, the MSM knew Irma wasn't going to reach 175mph winds two days ago but they kept up the fear purely to retain viewers. It wasn't going to "devastate" the USA, as the head of FEMA remarked.

As I intimated in my initial post in this thread, the MSM knew Irma wasn't going to reach 175mph winds two days ago but they kept up the fear purely to retain viewers. It wasn't going to "devastate" the USA, as the head of FEMA remarked.
    In your opinion. FEMA are always going to go with the worst case - anyone with a brain cell would prepare for the worst, it's better to be wrong that way than underpreparing.

Given the devastation of Barbuba, St Martin et al, it's pretty churlish to use this to rail against 'Muricans.

Boyo, take some advice, turn off CNN or your preferred corporate media brainwashing medium of choice to discover that Irma is a dud.

Here's Fox News sensationalising a, er, branch falling.

I've been watching football since 8am . When that's over I'm watching American football until 11pm. I'll read about the hurricane tomorrow. I don't watch commercial news channels. No need to.

WNET.org
    WNYC.org

I've been watching football since 8am . When that's over I'm watching American football until 11pm. I'll read about the hurricane tomorrow. I don't watch commercial news channels. No need to.

WNET.org
    WNYC.org
    NFL cancelled the Miami - Buccs game. They don't do that lightly. Maybe they watched the sensationalist MSM...

Wow, don't know why but that made me laugh. I realise the context isn't funny but wtf is he doing

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    In your opinion. FEMA are always going to go with the worst case - anyone with a brain cell would prepare for the worst, it's better to be wrong that way than underpreparing.

Given the devastation of Barbuba, St Martin et al, it's pretty churlish to use this to rail against 'Muricans.
    I'm railing against the lying media. Kinell, how poor is your comprehension level?

I'm railing against the lying media. Kinell, how poor is your comprehension level?
    You're railing against 'Murican MSM along with FEMA who are 'Murican. How poor is your empathy level given the carnage Irma has caused?

Railing against the "lying media"? Like Donald Trump and his cronies tell everyone to do? How's your comprehension level?

CNN are putting their reporters in ridiculous positions. This one guy in miami just now couldn't hear a thing, wing and rain smashing into his face. While the area behind him was flooded. It was a port and the boats were moving loads.

Edit - theyre still using him live right now

FAO Tuerto - can I have your permission to add to this thread please.