+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornelius

Re: Cornelius

A little humility wouldnt go amiss by many on here imo
    It just shows we can all be wrong sometimes and some of the slagging off many on her gave him seems a little misguided now.
    Similalrly all those who slagged Slade for buying Scott Malone for £100k from millwall look a tad foolish in the light of his recent £5m transfer to Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Cornelius got injured, then got a public dressing down from Tan and that was the end of his time in Wales.
    There was something fishy about the way the injury was strung out by Malky, he was even contradicting himself in the press, until eventually he could no longer hide the fact that Cornelius was not fit for purpose.

Malky splashed out a sizeable amount of his budget for Cornelius. We needed a striker. Malky didn't state he was one for the future on his signing.
    I was surprised on the amount we paid for him.
    If I was a cynic, I could give a possible reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well, it seems his career is on track, good luck to him.
    Agreed.

I'm pleased for him - it would be nice if he did well (and then gave us back some of the money that we paid him as a thank you )

Thought this thread was about my late granddad - his name was Cornelius.

(Honest - it was!)

5 wins seems to have a few Cardiff fans running to the library to rip up the history books. It's Orwellian just how much history has been re-written here in the last few weeks.
    Jirga you've been posting the same shite for 5 years now, can you please give it a rest.

Cornelius was the most expensive player signed by City at the time, he was never started in the league and people were calling him a parks player from the first time they saw him warming up.

He obviously isn't a bad player but he was never worth that money, even Nigel Pearson said Leicester were going to sign him for around 1 million and was shocked that Cardiff had paid 10 times as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Don't let that stop you

Others here are making up sh*t again as they go along again I see.

The ones that are happy to sit back and agree with everything the hierarchy throw at them are the reason we've had to endure the current regime. A few seem to be auditioning for the next Tan birthday video

Listen to Che Guevara here!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jirga you've been posting the same shite for 5 years now, can you please give it a rest.

Cornelius was the most expensive player signed by City at the time, he was never started in the league and people were calling him a parks player from the first time they saw him warming up.

He obviously isn't a bad player but he was never worth that money, even Nigel Pearson said Leicester were going to sign him for around 1 million and was shocked that Cardiff had paid 10 times as much.
    I suspect the fact no other club valued Cornelius anywhere near £10m would be the main reason for Tan to believe something was suspect about the transfer. It certainly brought into focus Moody and Mackay's vaunted scouting reports systems. It's not really plausible, is it - "Ok, we heard Leicester are after him for £1m, let's offer ten times that amount to secure his services".

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Not sure if this was directed at me, Mark. Cornelius signed 4 years ago, was he over valued? Probably, but all signings have that potential. Is he as crap as some make out, no.

5 wins seems to have a few Cardiff fans running to the library to rip up the history books. It's Orwellian just how much history has been re-written here in the last few weeks.

Aint you the poster who claimed we were on a sound financial footing before Tan came in. Or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Aint you the poster who claimed we were on a sound financial footing before Tan came in. Or words to that effect.
    No, I'm the poster what said that the club weren't at death's door like some claim it was in May 2012.

Not sure if this was directed at me, Mark. Cornelius signed 4 years ago, was he over valued? Probably, but all signings have that potential. Is he as crap as some make out, no.
    "Probably"? Dear gods.... pretty ****ing obvious he was over valued at the time he was bought, nobody believed he was worth anywhere near that.

He was crap at that time when you consider the fee and wages being paid.

Is it good to see him do well? Yes. That changes nothing with regards to him being a crap transfer for us, paid as a starting Prem player, becoming a "project" when Mackay saw he wasn't anywhere near close to being Prem quality at the time.

Cornelius was a disaster of a signing for us. What made it worse the player he got rid of Gestede was sold for next to nothing then ends up in the PL scoring there and gets sold for millions. Nice one Malky.

Malky done a great job for us but the Cornelius transfer isnt his finest hour.

Cornelius scored a goal in Serie A great. Jon Parkin has scored in the PL.

Time to move on. Weve got a potential star on our hands and he was one bad performance away from being lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    "Probably"? Dear gods.... pretty ****ing obvious he was over valued at the time he was bought, nobody believed he was worth anywhere near that.

He was crap at that time when you consider the fee and wages being paid.

Is it good to see him do well? Yes. That changes nothing with regards to him being a crap transfer for us, paid as a starting Prem player, becoming a "project" when Mackay saw he wasn't anywhere near close to being Prem quality at the time.
    Yet more twisted history.

This board went into melt down with excitement that we'd bought the next big thing. YouTube videos were being creamed over and even our local Scandinavian expert Serpico was telling us what a major coup we'd pulled off signing one of Europes brightest prospects!!
    We were debating with the Jacks who'd got the better man Acorn or Bony there was no end of excitement and nobody was questioning the fee.
    After all £7.5m for a 20 year old striker voted Danish under 21 player of the year could have seen a significant return on investment had he not turned out to be crap.

Malky was not the first manager to make a mistake in the transfer market. Fergie made lots and worse than Cornelius. Was he taking back handers too or perhaps it was a bad judgement call?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Listen to Che Guevara here!

Come on you ain't fooling anybody jirga