+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans at Fulham

Fans at Fulham

A spokesman for one of the supporters club has hit out at 'some' fans. A song involving Harold Shipman. Were the numbers singing it significant?

Obviously it is disgusting to sing such a song.

I read on another forum, 'we've sung this song for years, are the fans becoming soft?'

Being stuck amongst such morons at an away match would seriously piss me off.

Re: Fans at Fulham

I heard it, as I have on a few occasions over the years. It was sung by a few fans at the back of the stand, not that many. The ones that do sing it are morons, an embarrassment.

Personally I never heard it. I did hear 'in the Swansea slums' but not the song you mention.

While the overal support and behaviour was very good we still have some right plums. One fella in particular (in his late 40's / early 50's) stood in front of a bus stop full of Fulham fans and general public after the game and was being lairy, intimidating and making himself look a twit while I assume fully boozed up from the journey to London earlier in the day and probably spent most of the game under the stand drinking as well.

We'll always have some fans like that, you'll still get the gas a jack song too.

It's because we've become quite sterile as a club at home and fail to make up many 'new' songs so fans just revert to what they know, however vulgar the chant.

Not condoning it what so ever, but just my thoughts why.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We'll always have some fans like that, you'll still get the gas a jack song too.

It's because we've become quite sterile as a club at home and fail to make up many 'new' songs so fans just revert to what they know, however vulgar the chant.

Not condoning it what so ever, but just my thoughts why.
    Why not revert to the countless creative numbers then? Reverting to extremely vulgar songs shows small about of brain cells in the individual rather than a lack of creativity as a group.

Hearing thickos singing anti-English songs walking down Fulham Palace Road whilst passing shopkeepers and shoppers was particularly cringe-making.

When i get to a game its always at home. Im too old for that nonsense.

I particularly liked "If you don`t ****ing bounce your a Jack"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Personally I never heard it. I did hear 'in the Swansea slums' but not the song you mention.

While the overal support and behaviour was very good we still have some right plums. One fella in particular (in his late 40's / early 50's) stood in front of a bus stop full of Fulham fans and general public after the game and was being lairy, intimidating and making himself look a twit while I assume fully boozed up from the journey to London earlier in the day and probably spent most of the game under the stand drinking as well.
    Yep. Tony does get a bit lairy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yep. Tony does get a bit lairy sometimes.
    Late 40's/early 50's?????

Even Stretch Armstrong couldn't stretch that far.

An idiot in front of me decided to stand on his seat and obliterate my view of the game - and after I tried to appeal to his better nature he said he would step down if I asked him nicely....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    An idiot in front of me decided to stand on his seat and obliterate my view of the game - and after I tried to appeal to his better nature he said he would step down if I asked him nicely....
    U shud av noked him out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Was he waring a blue Adidas cap
    aged about early 20s mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    Was he waring a blue Adidas cap
    aged about early 20s mate ?
    No, his Adidas cap wasn't that old

I heard the song loud and clear and thought to myself :

Where has that come back from ?

It was booed down every time it was sung several years back. The same needs to happen again.

Sadly the bigger the away following the more examples of embarrassing behaviour we get.
    People there for a day out on the piss , not the football.

These types probably turn out for away games only.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    These types probably turn out for away games only.
    Plastic away fans