+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England is full of sh*t song.

Re: England is full of sh*t song.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I don't think Swansea fans enjoy eating rats either.

It's just stupid banter from a minority of thick tw@ts.

This pathetic chanting does need to be replaced by more innovative chants aimed at supporting the team rather than throwing racist abuse at England in particular. Must admit never heard of similar abuse being aimed at any other nation.

Sheffield Wednesday and United are particularly good at supporting their teams rather than hurling abuse in general direction of opponents and TV audiences.

Man Utd also have a decent repertoire.
    I've never ever joined in one of the anti Swansea chants. They are a Welsh club, after all. Now as for Brizzle City that's a different matter. Any anti England and jack chants just make me cringe....

If we are going to stop singing it it will because of what it means for us not England. I don't think the song does anything to compare to the cultural, social and political undermining of the Celtic nations but it might make us look a bit small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's just banter, mate.
    Reckon it must be inspirational fir our English players to hear, it's not the 80,s anymore is it??? I know some places are stuck in it mind

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If we are going to stop singing it it will because of what it means for us not England. I don't think the song does anything to compare to the cultural, social and political undermining of the Celtic nations but it might make us look a bit small minded.
    Init butt mun

I love it always sing it ands its bang on England is full of shit.....and most of it floats at the top.
    oh and I live in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I love it always sing it ands its bang on England is full of shit.....and most of it floats at the top.
    oh and I live in London.
    Bloody foreigners!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Bloody foreigners!!
    This bloody foreigner gave birth to two Welsh children.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree, entirely.
    me too - embarrassing

I deliberately walked on the other side of the road when the morons sang that song - as I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Might?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Are you? I've no idea
    Just wonder whether I qualify being English

It's not even a good song. Droaning, small minded shite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Just wonder whether I qualify being English
    Where were you born? you are half English aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It's never sat well with me and I don't sing it.

Our manager is English, most of our players are English, some of our favourite players from the past were English, and our club was even founded by an Englishman.

Also, the most successful football clubs in the world are English, so what's shit about it?

It seems very narrow-minded and I'll never sing it.

Whilst I'm on the subject of our songs, I haven't heard 'I'll be there' much this season.

I'd hope a lot of you would agree with that comment.
    It is embarrassing.

I bet the complainers are the ones who never sing anything would be better off supporting a club like Fulham where you get a free clacker on your seat.

I never sing it or the anti-Swansea stuff.

However if any opposition fans start with GSTQ or anti-Welsh ditties I think it is a fair response. Same goes for 'Same old English, always cheating', 'Only shit on the English side of the bridge' or any similar.

And I live in England with an a English partner.

I bet the complainers are the ones who never sing anything would be better off supporting a club like Fulham where you get a free clacker on your seat.
    I sing just not the embarrassing out of date shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I sing just not the embarrassing out of date shite.
    yeah I don't sing men of Harlech either....so out of date eh croesy

My guess is that the majority are young 'uns who've more than likely had a few.
    I have more than likely sung it in the past, younger days and had one or two too many but yes, most of the time I feel embarrassed.

The worst thing from our perspective though is that we are playing in the English league with Englishmen/women officiating.
    I admit i am slightly cynical regarding officials in general "not favouring us" and this song does not help our cause in this regard.
    If I were a linesman and I really could not be sure whether a player is offside or not, I've a good idea what my subconscious would be telling me to do!

We should deffo have more positive songs praising our players and club rather than having a pop at others. Isn't the point to motivate our team? The problem is the majority of noise-makes are empty vessels. Having said that, I wouldn't 'really' let Kev McNaughton shag my wife. Does that make me a hypocrite?
    Last edited by El Horno; 11-09-17 at 06:50. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I never sing it or the anti-Swansea stuff.

However if any opposition fans start with GSTQ or anti-Welsh ditties I think it is a fair response. Same goes for 'Same old English, always cheating', 'Only shit on the English side of the bridge' or any similar.

And I live in England with an a English partner.
    This. I also prefer the 'semi final' one anyway and think that should get more of an airing.

Does make me laugh however, when on here occasionally, the Ingurlish are made out to be such precious, little flowers who we shouldn't possibly chant about

The Scots can sing shit like that, as they play in their own league set up. We on the other hand, rely as a football club on the English to survive. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea.

We have been trying for years to get the younger element of City fans to stop singing it, as some/most have said "it is embarrassing".

We have tried getting them to personalize it more, like we did in the 60's and not say Ingurlund, but the team who we are playing, as in:--------

If I had the wings of an eagle
    If I had the arse of a cow
    I'd fly over Bristol tomorrow
    And shit on the barstewards below
    Shit on, shit on
    And shit on the barstewards below

You can insert any team, but I hate Shitful

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    My guess is that the majority are young 'uns who've more than likely had a few.
    I have more than likely sung it in the past, younger days and had one or two too many but yes, most of the time I feel embarrassed.

The worst thing from our perspective though is that we are playing in the English league with Englishmen/women officiating.
    I admit i am slightly cynical regarding officials in general "not favouring us" and this song does not help our cause in this regard.
    If I were a linesman and I really could not be sure whether a player is offside or not, I've a good idea what my subconscious would be telling me to do!
    The Welsh do have a tendency to be paranoid at times. Officials probably care not a jot if a team comes from Wales, Yorkshire, Devon or anywhere else.

yeah I don't sing men of Harlech either....so out of date eh croesy
    It isn't embarrassing though, well the fact we seem to be too thick to learn the words is but at least it's a song supporting the team (and it's a little bit more original) rather than just another dreary pop at someone's nationality.