Thread: Penalty shout

Penalty shout

90 + 4

Re: Penalty!!

Stone wall.

Re: Penalty shout

He was fouled in the box.

If that was rugby the Fulham player would have been sent off for a dangerous top-tackle.

yes how can the officials not see that.

The giveaway that it wasn't a penalty is there were no appeals, never mind spontaneous ones, by players just yards from the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The giveaway that it wasn't a penalty is there were no appeals, never mind spontaneous ones, by players just yards from the incident.
    So, how was it not a penalty in your opinion?

Surely the thread title should read as 'Pelanty'

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Surely the thread title should read as 'Pelanty'

If that happens middle of the pitch it be straight red. Cos it's in the box from a corner refs deem it as acceptable. Shocking.

If that had been a Wolves player they would have set-up a GOV.UK petition.

If that was given as a penalty against us I'd have been disappointed. From a Fulham viewpoint they'd see it as the defender standing his ground as Morrison tried to climb past him (look at Sean grab him around the neck). The fall backwards is a bit dramatic but I don't think there's much in it really...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It was a penalty box nothin' burger, half of one and half of the other and several other cliches I can't be bothered to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It was a penalty box nothin' burger, half of one and half of the other and several other cliches I can't be bothered to type.
    OK, cheers for that.

Re: Penalty shout

Deffo a penalty. Morrison should sue him for assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    If that was given as a penalty against us I'd have been disappointed. From a Fulham viewpoint they'd see it as the defender standing his ground as Morrison tried to climb past him (look at Sean grab him around the neck). The fall backwards is a bit dramatic but I don't think there's much in it really...
    It looked pretty clear-cut to me he was using his body to prevent Morrison reaching the ball. He looked at Morrison and made no attempt to to compete for the cross.

Simply because Morrison runs into the defender first. What happens afterwards is a direct result of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    If that happens middle of the pitch it be straight red. Cos it's in the box from a corner refs deem it as acceptable. Shocking.
    No it wouldn't have been.

Morrison put his arm around the Fulham player's neck and pulled him on to him. Never a 'John Hartson Pelanty'. Mind you I would rather it had been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Simply because Morrison runs into the defender first. What happens afterwards is a direct result of that.
    Is he not allowed to run in to the defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It looked pretty clear-cut to me he was using his body to prevent Morrison reaching the ball. He looked at Morrison and made no attempt to to compete for the cross.
    I don't disagree that by the letter of the law it's a foul but we see that sort of block all the time in the box. I was just of the opinion that we'd be disappointed if that had been given against us.

Is he not allowed to run in to the defender?
    He's allowed to, he's just not allowed to say it was a foul because he ran into him. The defender stood his ground, it's got a bit messier than these things usually do.

Defender looks at Morrison, Morrison makes a move towards the ball. Morrison's arm comes across defender's neck and defender's arm goes around Morrisons back. Morrison's send hand is around the defender's face.

Defender has to look at Morrison, he needs to know who is in the vicinity as the cross comes in. The coming together is inevitable, but it's not a penalty.

Blue in the Face

Glad this thread is here. It was the last action of the game and the very last action should have been a penalty. The ref was very poor.

Neil needs to have a word with our players. They should have been going nuts in protest. It looked as if no foul had happened because they didn't complain. OK they might not have the incident but they should have backed up our captain and at the least should have been whinging for the sake of match winning gamesmanship.

1-2 wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If that had been a Wolves player they would have set-up a GOV.UK petition.