+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penalty shout

Re: Penalty!!

Could've gone either way. Looking at the slow mo, it does appear that Morrison grabbed the defender around the neck and the defender pushed him away. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it had been given, it not surprised it wasn't either

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If that had been a Wolves player they would have set-up a GOV.UK petition.

It's a penalty and 6 wins out of 6. If he doesn't foul him then Morrison rises above and buries that.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Could've gone either way. Looking at the slow mo, it does appear that Morrison grabbed the defender around the neck and the defender pushed him away. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it had been given, it not surprised it wasn't either
    I think this is right. The defender blocks Morrison (and the one behind appears to push him too), Morrison and defender 1 grab each other.

I think at this point they are either both fouling or neither is. Then the defender pulls him down, which is a definite foul.

It could have been given, but on the other hand Fulham had a shout for one at the other end minutes earlier so the ref probably gave them the benefit of the doubt.

No complaints overall, a draw was fair

It's a penalty. What ever actions Morrison took do not mitigate what the defender did.

Re: Penalty shout

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The giveaway that it wasn't a penalty is there were no appeals, never mind spontaneous ones, by players just yards from the incident.
    Morrison appealed, but Fulham cleared quickly and he had to run back. At the final whistle he and several others were having a right rant at the ref

A more blatant penalty you will never see!
    No wonder our Neil was fuming in his post match interview

a bit of a rough and tough at the start, all it equal on that, nothing given, and rightly so

then the defender pushes him into the ground

Penalty 100% for me

Looked like Morrison threw himself backwards - no way a penalty in my opinion