+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Georgia Away travel?

Georgia Away travel?

Leaving it late as ever I know, but what's the best value options to get out there? Checking flights and they all look like £400 odd and long journeys with changes.

thanks,

Re: Georgia Away travel?

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post
    Leaving it late as ever I know, but what's the best value options to get out there? Checking flights and they all look like £400 odd and long journeys with changes.

thanks,
    Wizzair fly from Luton to Kutaisi. I booked my journey back with them for less than £100 but I don't know what availability is like now or how much the price has risen.

Out Thursday, back Sunday £62.98 - and I am on the latter flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Out Thursday, back Sunday £62.98 - and I am on the latter flight.
    Have checked Wizzair from Luton, prices flown up now. £121 out and £221 back. Probably too steep for a couple of days unfortunately.

I'm taking the midnight train.

I'm dabbling with the idea of going. I've got Georgia on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post

thanks,
    It would help if we had at least SOME idea about tickets for the match......

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Same here. From Baku.

Same here. From Baku.
    Try a steak at The Fisherman's Wharf restaurant (if it's still there).

There were flights with turkish airlines available last week for around £320, through Istanbul with short stopovers, so about 9 or 10 hours each way. Georgian airways had directs (so about 4.5-5hrs each way) for £450 from Gatwick, out late Weds night, return Sat evening/night.

Direct charter flight from Cardiff available here. It is around £500 though if anyone is interested.

https://www.strachansportstravel.com/

GEORGIA V WALES FRIDAY, 06 OCTOBER
    K.O. 8.00PM Boris Paichadze Stadium, Tbilisi.
    PRIVATE CHARTER FLIGHT & RETURN AIRPORT TRANSFERS:
    £499.00 PER PERSON (Match tickets are not included, available only from the FAW)
    ARRIVAL TRANSFER - AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE
    DEPARTURE TRANSFER - STADIUM TO AIRPORT
    05 OCT Cardiff 2330 / Tbilisi 0730 (times subject to confirmation)
    07 OCT Tbilisi 0030 / Cardiff 0230 (times subject to confirmation)
    In order to go ahead with your booking, please complete the booking form on our website and return with your full payment & passport details, without these details we cannot accept bookings.
    • Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis, the aircraft has only 217 seats.
    • In order to avoid disappointment please, make your booking immediately.
    • Please note: The flight price depends on confirmed passenger numbers, and subject to current euro/pound exchange rates.
    • Standard rules apply for Air Travel. No alcohol allowed on Coaches and you can be refused travel if you attempt to bring any on board.
    • Strachan Travel cannot be held responsible if you, or any member of your group, does not have a valid passport or is refused entry or exit at any borders for any other reason.

Blog Entries

Hope it's not a rainy night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    GEORGIA V WALES FRIDAY, 06 OCTOBER
    K.O. 8.00PM Boris Paichadze Stadium, Tbilisi.
    PRIVATE CHARTER FLIGHT & RETURN AIRPORT TRANSFERS:
    £499.00 PER PERSON (Match tickets are not included, available only from the FAW)
    ARRIVAL TRANSFER - AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE
    DEPARTURE TRANSFER - STADIUM TO AIRPORT
    05 OCT Cardiff 2330 / Tbilisi 0730 (times subject to confirmation)
    07 OCT Tbilisi 0030 / Cardiff 0230 (times subject to confirmation)
    In order to go ahead with your booking, please complete the booking form on our website and return with your full payment & passport details, without these details we cannot accept bookings.
    • Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis, the aircraft has only 217 seats.
    • In order to avoid disappointment please, make your booking immediately.
    • Please note: The flight price depends on confirmed passenger numbers, and subject to current euro/pound exchange rates.
    • Standard rules apply for Air Travel. No alcohol allowed on Coaches and you can be refused travel if you attempt to bring any on board.
    • Strachan Travel cannot be held responsible if you, or any member of your group, does not have a valid passport or is refused entry or exit at any borders for any other reason.
    And give me a shout if anyone wants a day trip to the famous Deben Valley in Armenia on the Saturday.

Wizzair fly from Luton to Kutaisi. I booked my journey back with them for less than £100 but I don't know what availability is like now or how much the price has risen.
    Seriously considering this, how are you getting from Kutaisi to Tblisi and back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Seriously considering this, how are you getting from Kutaisi to Tblisi and back ?
    There is a bus service. (I won't be entering Georgia by air in the first place though).

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    When you book the flight with wizz air there is an option for a transfer to Tiblisi as you work your way through the booking pages. Looks like a few of us will be on that! Should get to Tiblisi for breakfast the morning of the game.