+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sleepy Neil

Sleepy Neil

Neil Warnock told BBC Radio 5Live on Saturday: "My dream is to get an eighth promotion. I thought it might be a little bit difficult in the circumstances here, because we haven't got a lot of money.

"But we've spent nearly £4million and brought in 10 players. We're more or less underdogs everywhere we go but I guess soon we might not be."

On Cardiff's unbeaten start to the campaign, he added: "It takes so much pressure off managers. I've been there where we haven't had a win in the first six games and it's so bad. The fans, the players, everybody relaxes a little bit more and you can play your game. "

He added: "I nodded off at my desk yesterday (Friday), Kevin Blackwell found me there having a sleep, so I'm afraid I've got to change certain habits at my age, I've got to have the odd five-minute nap. I do enjoy when the whistle goes but I don't enjoy the hour before the game, I get really bad nerves. It's horrible.

"When I've got a group of fans like this behind us, it's good to have that sort of rapport with them."

Re: Sleepy Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Neil Warnock told BBC Radio 5Live on Saturday: "My dream is to get an eighth promotion. I thought it might be a little bit difficult in the circumstances here, because we haven't got a lot of money.

"But we've spent nearly £4million and brought in 10 players. We're more or less underdogs everywhere we go but I guess soon we might not be."

On Cardiff's unbeaten start to the campaign, he added: "It takes so much pressure off managers. I've been there where we haven't had a win in the first six games and it's so bad. The fans, the players, everybody relaxes a little bit more and you can play your game. "

He added: "I nodded off at my desk yesterday (Friday), Kevin Blackwell found me there having a sleep, so I'm afraid I've got to change certain habits at my age, I've got to have the odd five-minute nap. I do enjoy when the whistle goes but I don't enjoy the hour before the game, I get really bad nerves. It's horrible.

"When I've got a group of fans like this behind us, it's good to have that sort of rapport with them."

He really has spent peanuts compared to a lot of teams in the division. He is without doubt the shrewdest manager in the Championship. To put it into context we are the 8th biggest spenders in the division having spent £13 million plus.

Re: Sleepy Neil

Not many managers could get away with saying they have a nap at their desk!
    Mind you, when not at the game, i spend the hour or so before ko on the bog as well.