+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst buys in CCFC history?

Blue in the Face

Worst buys in CCFC history?

Who were are the worst player purchases in CCFC histroy?

Feedback

Re: Worst buys in CCFC history?

Andreas Cornelius

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Andreas Cornelius
    The OP title should be 2ND worst

Robbie Fowler.

Luigi glombard (spelling)

Weve signed some absolute garbage. But youve got to take into account the finance.

Yeah it should be who is 2nd worse.

The worst is Cornelius.

Godfrey Ingram.

the worst was not cornelius

rickie lambert was horseshit.

And Andrea Ferretti. All I remember about him is he always wore a nice suit with trainers whilst wandering around the touchline before games.

Robin Friday. Mostly useless or absent then walked out on us after less than a year. What a waste of money.

Hard to pin point one as the worst. Some mentioned above were not buys but free transfers. But players we actually paid for i have to say david hughes (yhink that eas his name) 500k from Shrewsbury and i cannot ever remember him playing. Gavin gordon another wsste of money. Not sure if we paid for ALF but if we did then add him to the list.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    the worst was not cornelius

rickie lambert was horseshit.
    Cornelius looked like he couldn't play football. Lambert actually scored and therefore did something. Cornelius' best moment was diving 10 ft from the ball when it was crossed in. Whether or not Cornelius is any good or not is up for debate but he was awful for us and cost £10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Hard to pin point one as the worst. Some mentioned above were not buys but free transfers. But players we actually paid for i have to say david hughes (yhink that eas his name) 500k from Shrewsbury and i cannot ever remember him playing. Gavin gordon another wsste of money. Not sure if we paid for ALF but if we did then add him to the list.
    Spedger
    Hughes did play a few games but was injured

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Weve signed some absolute garbage. But youve got to take into account the finance.

Yeah it should be who is 2nd worse.

The worst is Cornelius.
    By a country mile, arrived early for a game once and saw him in the warm up kick in, I thought he was messing around he was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Robin Friday. Mostly useless or absent then walked out on us after less than a year. What a waste of money.
    Seconded !

Going back a bit. Keith Robson in the late 70's from West Ham. Didn't he belt someone in the club car park after a game?
    Micky Burns. Arrived with a great reputation and a big fee for the time, played half a dozen games and buggered off back to the north east.

Alan " fatty " Foggon.

It was claimed he was fast enough to catch a pigeon but all
    he caught in Cardiff was a tray of cream cakes.

Kurt Nogan , trained on curry and chips and played just as you would expect on that diet.

Forgot about Alf.

2nd behind Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Who were are the worst player purchases in CCFC histroy?
    This could be a very long thread......

Gavin Kenyatta Gordon (for the price we paid and how rubbish he was)

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    There was story going around, not sure if it's true, that Hammam offered £500,000 for him, but it was only supposed to be £50,000! They made a mistake on the fax!

Similar thing happened with Fortune-West. I think we offered £50,000 and the Rotherham chairman broke out the champagne and rang his fellow directors while he kept Hammam waiting. Ever the impatient , Hammam could wait no longer and rang back and offers d£100k! I'm told that this one is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This could be a very long thread......

Gavin Kenyatta Gordon (for the price we paid and how rubbish he was)
    £450,00 wasted when we were in the third tier, based on him playing well against us. He did score 5 in a LDV Cup game but that was about all.

Kenny Miller was a big money miss. £900,000 Malky paid for him, he did Ok, but missed a good chance at Wembley in the league Cup Final. I heard he went to Rangers free at the end of the season? Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Kenny Miller was a big money miss. £900,000 Malky paid for him, he did Ok, but missed a good chance at Wembley in the league Cup Final. I heard he went to Rangers free at the end of the season? Surely not.
    NO. We had to pay them £8 million to take him off our hands.