+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Collins......left City 12 years ago

James Collins......left City 12 years ago

...made his senor debut for City in November, 2000 and at the age of 34 plays for West Ham today in his 267th appearance since leaving Cardiff for West Ham in 2005 in a shameful deal which also saw Danny Gabb go with him.

That's well over 300 senior games in 17 years (lot of injuries) as well as 51 international caps for Wales. The boy shows little sign of ageing and looks certain to at least see this season out - his current deal runs out in December. Well done, lad.

Not many other Prem players still still holding a first team spot 17 years on - I can only think of Gareth Barry, any others?

Re: James Collins......left City 12 years ago

Is Jagielka in the Everton squad these days?

Brave and all that, but always has an error in his game, hasn't really improved since he left here, lucky we've had Ash to call upon at national level.

A True Leader.
    A Dark Day in our history when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Brave and all that, but always has an error in his game, hasn't really improved since he left here, lucky we've had Ash to call upon at national level.

now you've done it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    now you've done it
    Serious, I liked Ginge, he was a warrior for the cause but, he just wasn't very good!!!, I was at Notts County when he was played as a striker!!!

Collins was poorly treated by Coleman last week releasing from the squad but taking a number of youngsters to Moldova. Surprised he hasn't retired from international football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Collins was poorly treated by Coleman last week releasing from the squad but taking a number of youngsters to Moldova. Surprised he hasn't retired from international football.
    I think that Cookie understands that he isn't good enough and with options, shouldn't be in the squad. No sentiment when trying to win international games.

I think that Cookie understands that he isn't good enough and with options, shouldn't be in the squad. No sentiment when trying to win international games.
    He is still good enough to play regularly in the PL...unlike some of our players. He is certainly good enough as a back up. Williams,Davies and Chester are all on yellow cards and a booking away from missing the Ireland game. He needs to keep Collins on side especially as the Ireland match is one perfectly suited to Collins.

We took a 16 year old centre back who has a grand total of 8 appearances in League 2 to his name, and Neil Taylor

I think Collins was more than good enough as an option

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We took a 16 year old centre back who has a grand total of 8 appearances in League 2 to his name, and Neil Taylor

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Cookie won both Games, Dem are the facts.

That has no bearing as to whether Collins is a better option off the bench than Ampadu is

The guy's got potential, but if Williams/Chester were to have gone down injured at 0-0/1-0 who would you have rather seen replace one of them? The experienced Premier League player or the kid who just picked up his GCSE results?

So if Chester or Williams are booked against Georgia would you play a sixteen year old or Collins against Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So if Chester or Williams are booked against Georgia would you play a sixteen year old or Collins against Ireland?
    I would go along with the manager's selections, simple as, a manager who got the team to the euro's, has us in contention for the WC.

a bit not two good. ledley beter

Quote Originally Posted by Piechips View Post
    a bit not two good. ledley beter
    Oh look. It's the bastard child of KingBillyboy and CharlesfromPonty .