+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paterson

Re: Paterson

Don Cowie was a fantastic player at this level. If you want an example of a 100%er who was just crap then look no further than Eddie Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Don Cowie was a fantastic player at this level. If you want an example of a 100%er who was just crap then look no further than Eddie Johnson.
    Dont even have to look that far back just look for Alex Revell. At least Eddie had likeability.

I dont think ive ever seen a meaningless goal (in terms of the scoreline) celebrated so wildly than his goal against Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who didn't rate Don Cowie? He's such an odd player to pick. He was a good player at Championship level.

Also, the fact Fulham were bidding for Bennett and the club were relieved when he didn't go, says at least two managers rate him very highly.

Opinions can be wrong as well, just saying.
    Cowie was WAYYY overrated in my opinion hence the spotlight. Malky sticking him as the first name on the team sheet tarnished our promotion season for me. The bad memories..-vomit-

I find it odd that you suddenly rate 'top' managers decision making nearing the end of the summer transfer window as a argument closer. I'm sorry but didn't Malone just fetch 5 million from some club? (lemme guess! this thread is about to rave about the brilliance of Malone!)

Opinion are more 'wrong' than not. After all the gauge most people use to rate an opinion is their very own (where that opinion originated from and the understanding of their opinion is a different debate all together!)

A difference of opinion makes the world go 'round and a football forum less void of interesting discussion

There are probably bigger games going on somewhere tonight but Callum Paterson just scored for the under-23s at Blackburn in the Premier League Cup. 1-1 in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who didn't rate Don Cowie? He's such an odd player to pick. He was a good player at Championship level.

Also, the fact Fulham were bidding for Bennett and the club were relieved when he didn't go, says at least two managers rate him very highly.

Opinions can be wrong as well, just saying.
    I didnt.

If you had 11 Don Cowiesq players nobody would watch football.

Very hardwurking , as are the guys digging the roads. Neither of which I would pay money to watch plying their trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    There are probably bigger games going on somewhere tonight but Callum Paterson just scored for the under-23s at Blackburn in the Premier League Cup. 1-1 in the first half.
    Great news, do you have a link to a stream. I am at a loose end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Great news, do you have a link to a stream. I am at a loose end tonight.
    I know, Monday nights can be a bit barren. Can't find a stream, sorry, stick EastEnders on and I'll keep you updated. 2-1 down now.

I know, Monday nights can be a bit barren. Can't find a stream, sorry, stick EastEnders on and I'll keep you updated. 2-1 down now.
    Not an Eastenders fan at all , too depressing for me.

I have found a game on SKY 401 , its Gareth Bales side against Ireland.
    Gareth Bale isnt playing to make it more even.
    Not a bad game , great atmosphere.

Not an Eastenders fan at all , too depressing for me.

I have found a game on SKY 401 , its Gareth Bales side against Ireland.
    Gareth Bale isnt playing to make it more even.
    Not a bad game , great atmosphere.
    Thanks, doesn't sound like my kind of thing though. Paterson just scored again. 2-2.

Thanks, doesn't sound like my kind of thing though. Paterson just scored again. 2-2.
    Ah , they are playing Bannockburn not Blackburn? Scottish players cant play football or score if they arent playing fellow Scottish shit teams and players.

Ah , they are playing Bannockburn not Blackburn? Scottish players cant play football or score if they arent playing fellow Scottish shit teams and players.
    He'll get fined 2 weeks wages if he tries this crossing the halfway line stuff playing full back for the first team.

Camp just saved a penalty, still 2-2. Hopefully Sky will switch to this game soon, they're missing a trick.

He'll get fined 2 weeks wages if he tries this crossing the halfway line stuff playing full back for the first team.

Camp just saved a penalty, still 2-2. Hopefully Sky will switch to this game soon, they're missing a trick.
    How does Camp look?

How does Camp look?
    Hard to judge from a twitter feed, I'll hold fire for now. Warnock's going to have a couple of interesting decisions to make soon, Camp and Paterson can't be far from being ready now. 3-3, Paterson hat-trick.

Hard to judge from a twitter feed, I'll hold fire for now. Warnock's going to have a couple of interesting decisions to make soon, Camp and Paterson can't be far from being ready now. 3-3, Paterson hat-trick.

Funnily enough and i'm not joking, I heard ages ago that Warnock may have been planning to use him as a centre forward.

What position is Paterson playing ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Cant be worse than:

Awkwardly static peltier (who actually looks like a professional rugby player with his "tackles" )

Light weight and easily ghosted bennett

League 1 quality wiz kid richards

I welcome changes on our wing back positions, ANY CHANGES ('cept that useless lump halford)
    I disagree strongly with your summary of each player you have listed , the descriptions you have aligned to them is very poor indeed , I do wonder if you have watched them this year. They are part of a successful defensive unit, sitting on top of a highly competitive league ....

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Funnily enough and i'm not joking, I heard ages ago that Warnock may have been planning to use him as a centre forward.
    Seems to have played pretty much everywhere. He has been used as a striker, here's an article from 2012.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...hearts-1338938

Here's a report of tonight's game off the Blackburn site. Trialists for us included Ogo Obi, recently released by Watford, and Jack Calver, released by Plymouth.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._game/?ref=mac

Nothing new here, hopefully City will have a report of their own at some point. Obviously, the fact that Paterson came up with a goal in injury time is encouraging in itself, not just playing the 90 minutes but finishing strongly too. Watford and Southampton in our group too, hopefully Eric will be along at some point to evaluate all the permutations after last night's result.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/489242

Seems to have played pretty much everywhere. He has been used as a striker, here's an article from 2012.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...hearts-1338938
    Paterson says he feels most comfortable as a wing back I think. He's scored a lot of goals though, he's brilliant in the air and Warnock used Jagielka as a number 9 for Sheff Utd on occasion.

Was that a hat trick while playing at full back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    According to the link supplied by Loramski he was, at least for the first 2 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes, a rarity at any level.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-09-oct-17/

I'm struggling to think of another