+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paterson

Paterson

Any update on his performance yesterday probably a gentle reintroduction for him after being out so long ?

Re: Paterson

You've summed it up already. He played wide right and looked as if he had decent touch and passing ability but didn't get too involved and only played the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's my opinion;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    👍

Here's my opinion;-

Spot on. There was a game at the end of last season when we played so many youngsters (and Coxe up front) that it was a mismatch and, pretty much, a waste of time. A similar thing yesterday in the first half with so many players out of position or uncomfortable in an unfamiliar system. Paterson's inclusion seemed to cause the biggest disruption, not only did Coxe & Abbruzzese have to move but he was so rusty that Young and Duffus were both wary of leaving his channel unguarded. Hull's first goal came when all three of them appeared in the right back position at the same time. Great that Paterson is on his way back but he could've played anywhere yesterday if he just needed some match fitness. Of course there's a bigger picture here but the reshuffle seemed unfair on the youngsters (especially the trialists).

I know Harris is highly regarded here but I'm yet to see him have anything like a decent game, I guess I've been unlucky. I'm not sure where he was meant to be playing in the first half yesterday but he gave no help to Davidson-Miller and lost possession so many times. Spent a lot of the second half hugging the touchline and didn't contribute much to a better overall performance until he finally started getting into some good positions near the end. Probably another victim of the circumstances last night but it was a disappointing ninety minutes.

Would've liked to see Gaydu come on, what was that about? I would've thought it was easier to judge a trialist by watching him play rather than warm-up but maybe I'm being old-fashioned?

Here's my opinion;-

Thank you another top read

I'm looking forward to seeing Paterson play. Could be another exciting addition.

Like that Wealdstone kit.

Cant be worse than:

Awkwardly static peltier (who actually looks like a professional rugby player with his "tackles" )

Light weight and easily ghosted bennett

League 1 quality wiz kid richards

I welcome changes on our wing back positions, ANY CHANGES ('cept that useless lump halford)

Interview with him here. He describes his comeback performance for our under-23s against Hull (which is what led to this thread) as being the worst he'd played since he was 9. First 90 minutes for nine months last Monday so he's getting there.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ender-13689509

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Cant be worse than:

Awkwardly static peltier (who actually looks like a professional rugby player with his "tackles" )

I welcome changes on our wing back positions, ANY CHANGES ('cept that useless lump halford)
    Bennett is a class act. Shame you don’t recognise that.

Cant be worse than:

We don't even play with wing backs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bennett is a class act. Shame you don’t recognise that.
    Going forward or back?...id love to be proven wrong but I always see his face when I'm looking at the person I'm blaming for a defensive mistake or a poor pass going forward

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We don't even play with wing backs
    yes we do.

yes we do.
    No we don't. They are full backs and in Bennett we have one of the best left backs in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No we don't. They are full backs and in Bennett we have one of the best left backs in the division.
    oh. I didn't realise the distinction. My apologies

Cant be worse than:

Clearly lacking in your knowledge of football. Bennett is a left back and probably one of the best in the Championship, always puts in 100% effort and one of the most consistent players we have.

Crawl back under your stone of misery!

Bennett and jazz are class. Peltier is solid but Im not his biggest fan. But I'm confident he'll do a job. He's got a lot of heart.

I reckon Paterson is gonna be a big player for us

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    Clearly lacking in your knowledge of football. Bennett is a left back and probably one of the best in the Championship, always puts in 100% effort and one of the most consistent players we have.

Crawl back under your stone of misery!
    Don Cowie put in 100% every match too as did Alex Revel - I suppose you were a big fan of them too??

Most consistent at what exactly? I'm going to guess that you used to think Fabio was a terrible fullback as was Brayford? (we haven't seen anywhere near their quality since they left)

Lacking in knowledge is pure L-O-L btw. Every person on this board has an opinion and even if they are in the majority it does not make them right. Please step down from your imaginary high horse.

Don Cowie put in 100% every match too as did Alex Revel - I suppose you were a big fan of them too??

Most consistent at what exactly? I'm going to guess that you used to think Fabio was a terrible fullback as was Brayford? (we haven't seen anywhere near their quality since they left)

Lacking in knowledge is pure L-O-L btw. Every person on this board has an opinion and even if they are in the majority it does not make them right. Please step down from your imaginary high horse.
    Don Cowie was fine and Bennett is a great fullback

Who didn't rate Don Cowie? He's such an odd player to pick. He was a good player at Championship level.

Also, the fact Fulham were bidding for Bennett and the club were relieved when he didn't go, says at least two managers rate him very highly.

Opinions can be wrong as well, just saying.

Cowie was solid, committed and didn't go missing. Bennett has quality, good player. Sheff Wed and Fulham both tried to sign him. Two good managers with an eye for a player. Glad we got him.'

Don Cowie just ran past my house. Must be warming down from his game on the weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Don Cowie just ran past my house. Must be warming down from his game on the weekend..

Looking for his father, Malky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who didn't rate Don Cowie? He's such an odd player to pick. He was a good player at Championship level.

Also, the fact Fulham were bidding for Bennett and the club were relieved when he didn't go, says at least two managers rate him very highly.

Opinions can be wrong as well, just saying.
    Over 200 games at Championship level, a championship winners medal and also played nearly 500 senior games.

He was no Peter Whittingham but he was still a decent player for us in his time here. Did a lot of the unsung work and was technically better than he was given credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    You must live in Edinburgh as Don still plays for Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    You must live in Edinburgh as Don still plays for Hearts.
    If you know, you know