+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A wet, Tuesday night in Lancashire, I know, but....

A wet, Tuesday night in Lancashire, I know, but....

...at the end of this one we'd made them look like Real Madrid.

I thought the signs were there on Saturday with a number of those on duty looking jaded throughout.

The manager should have brought in Bryson, Ward and Feeney for this game - allowing himself the option to bring back his three ever-presents, who were among those off-colour on Saturday. Who does he now turn to for Saturday's home match against Sheff Wed?

Re: A wet, Tuesday night in Lancashire, I know, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...at the end of this one we'd made them look like Real Madrid.

I thought the signs were there on Saturday with a number of those on duty looking jaded throughout.

The manager should have brought in Bryson, Ward and Feeney for this game - allowing himself the option to bring back his three ever-presents, who were among those off-colour on Saturday. Who does he now turn to for Saturday's home match against Sheff Wed?
    Can't not disagree - Damour always sounds poor in front of goal - was Tomlin any good tonight when he came on?
    - however NW has dome amazing to date, can't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I dont think the players need a bolloking - they are just tired. So he needs to play the new lads again or anyone who didnt go away for the internationals
    I wasn't suggesting they needed a bollocking, but by choice the manager could easily have given them a break - we're always blabbing on about squad strength. Also, there's a chance that by starting with the same eleven again, others in the squad will know what his first choices are likely to be.

Was going to lose at some point , so unusual it should be away, midweek at Preston.

Zohore worries me , anyone who went( I'm so in awe ,) how do he do ?

Most people expected changes. I wonder why this didn't happen.
    Players maybe saying they didn't want or need a rest maybe?

Just hope we can bounce back on Sat

It's a tough call though.

If we'd lost 3-0 tonight after making a load of changes then people would be asking why we changed a team that's playing well.

Its called footy, up and at em , don't panic ! don't panic! .

Were doomed I tell you ,doomed!

There is no need to panic but it is a wake up call.

What I would say though is that it is all very well saying that because we were unbeaten i didnt want to change things but it doeas seem that, although Fulham are a very good footballing side, the signs of mental fatigue were there.

Making a few changes tonight to "freshen up" the side, also give the other players game time, would have not only been wise from a playing point of view, but psychologically good for those rested.
    The situation Neil now finds himself in is he has to "rest" players after a defeat. No matter what spin he puts on it, these players will have been "dropped".

He has held his hands up and I'm sure he and we can recover from this though even with his wealth of experience, Neil has learnt a harsh lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    There is no need to panic but it is a wake up call.

What I would say though is that it is all very well saying that because we were unbeaten i didnt want to change things but it doeas seem that, although Fulham are a very good footballing side, the signs of mental fatigue were there.

Making a few changes tonight to "freshen up" the side, also give the other players game time, would have not only been wise from a playing point of view, but psychologically good for those rested.
    The situation Neil now finds himself in is he has to "rest" players after a defeat. No matter what spin he puts on it, these players will have been "dropped".

He has held his hands up and I'm sure he and we can recover from this though even with his wealth of experience, Neil has learnt a harsh lesson.
    As have the players tonight.

I feel that, even though we've been stuffed, it'll keep players grounded, not getting carried away, players and manager will have learned from it. It could almost be a defeat we need.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Was going to lose at some point , so unusual it should be away, midweek at Preston.

Zohore worries me , anyone who went( I'm so in awe ,) how do he do ?
    At least we won't have to worry about him getting sold in January. Or next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As have the players tonight.

I feel that, even though we've been stuffed, it'll keep players grounded, not getting carried away, players and manager will have learned from it. It could almost be a defeat we need.
    Nonsense. It's up to the manager to spot any players getting carried away, and to drop those who are not mentally prepared for a game. There's no such thing as a "needed" defeat.

I have for some time Zohore has been running on empty , not playing badly , but his goals gave dried and that can effect confidence , man management is key now ,whatever we think Warnock , has seen and done this many times,tonight was a tough call for him ,we got out of jail at Fulham, it was the first game we had taken a hit or nearly lost , he stayed loyal tonight to those players , who got us where we are know .

The next few games are very critical , a win ,draw and loss will be fine , this is a very tough fixture period coming up , thank god we have points in the bag .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its called footy, up and at em , don't panic ! don't panic! .

Were doomed I tell you ,doomed!
    He was poor tonight mate. Mind he wasn't the only one. I think a few changes should have been made at half time.
    Spedger

We may have more strength in depth than previously, but it still seems kind of light when all I'm able to do is read message boards & media outlets from afar

Warnock has come out and shouldered the blame. Said it was hard to change a winning team, but with hindsight he should have - and will now.

Said 8-9 were out of sorts last night.

If he'd made 3 changes then that would have helped as he could have made 3 more from the bench.

Rubbish for sides who have players on international duty to have 2 away games in 3 days straight after and I'd expect Gunnar & Hoillet at least were knackered.

Having to work so hard at Fulham wouldn't have helped.

Warnock also made the point that we'd had the furthest to travel of any team in that spell too.
    I always worry about the 2nd game in the spell of 2 aways.

Zohore and Bamba could have been rested too.

We've got good cover in Ward and Connolly or Manga.
    Also very surprised to see Bryson not starting.

If 3 or 4 aren't 100% it can drag the others down.

Could always change it if it's not working.

Never mind. Another big one on Sat and a quick chance to put it right

I'm more worried about the ZERO goals, than the 3 they scored.

First time we've failed to score and apparently we never looked like scoring.