+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should the Championship be cut to 22 teams ?

Should the Championship be cut to 22 teams ?

Not because we lost tonight honest, but looking st the midweek fixtures every season we seem to get 3 or 4 ridiculous long trips and it's the same for others. I also find that for many there's not much enthusiasm for the amount of midweek homes we get.

Just seems to be too many games

Re: Should the Championship be cut to 22 teams ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not because we lost tonight honest, but looking st the midweek fixtures every season we seem to get 3 or 4 ridiculous long trips and it's the same for others. I also find that for many there's not much enthusiasm for the amount of midweek homes we get.

Seems fair to me.

I nominate wolves �� and Brizzle to get kicked out.

Because they're cnuts.

I was thinking this earlier this week. These midweek games do noone any favours in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I was thinking this earlier this week. These midweek games do noone any favours in the long run.
    You do realise he's gone to Burton?

It still happens look at Newcastle South coast travels this year , Brighton , Bournemouth and Southampton , their just glad St Ives failed to make it to the Premier this year .

Missing Tuesday night Halford

No, not for me, I love having regular matches to watch, and midweek games under the floodlights are my favourite by far. It is hard to use fixture congestion as an excuse because every other team has the same amount of fixtures, there is enough money and places in the sport to allow for efficient squad rotations, it is the managers fault if congestion is not managed properly, they have plenty of notice.

Football should remain a tough, competitive, gruelling sport it is what separates the men from the boys.

I'd even cut it to 20 teams. Have 5 divisions including the Premier League. Clubs would lose out on revenue, apparently.

20 is plenty.

We could go for one as per the Scottish model

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You do realise he's gone to Burton?
    Would have been better if you'd got the team right...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd even cut it to 20 teams. Have 5 divisions including the Premier League. Clubs would lose out on revenue, apparently.
    They'd lose 4 home games, so there's no apparently needed. They'd lose revenue, which would be a disaster for clubs in League One, Two and the new Three.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd lose 4 home games, so there's no apparently needed. They'd lose revenue, which would be a disaster for clubs in League One, Two and the new Three.
    You are of course correct and talking common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Would have been better if you'd got the team right...

Autocorrect?

Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Autocorrect?

Maybe not.
    Happens to the best of us!

Why not go the whole hogand play Wolves & Bristol every other week !

Man up Tim, that what makes this league so great.

To answer the question in the thread title, no.

No definitely not!

Off all the teams playing on the weekend and last night we had the most travelling to do as alluded to by Warnock.

Perhaps that had an effect on the teams enthusiasm against an up for it opponent in appalling conditions.

Quite Surprised we didn't fly up to Preston and instead had a long coach journey.

Seems a bit unfair for some teams to have 2 away games in a row, PNE clearly benefited from 2 home games in the same period.

Hoping for a positive reaction on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Off all the teams playing on the weekend and last night we had the most travelling to do as alluded to by Warnock.

Perhaps that had an effect on the teams enthusiasm against an up for it opponent in appalling conditions.

Quite Surprised we didn't fly up to Preston and instead had a long coach journey.

Seems a bit unfair for some teams to have 2 away games in a row, PNE clearly benefited from 2 home games in the same period.

Hoping for a positive reaction on Saturday
    I don't like the way the fixtures double up home and away games. For example, in October we've got to play Barnsley on a Tuesday and then back up to Nottingham on the Sunday (should have been Saturday). That's roughly a round trip for both of 14 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Why not go the whole hogand play Wolves & Bristol every other week !

Man up Tim, that what makes this league so great.

Pissed off that there's always going to be 3-4 games a season that I'll have no chance of seeing until I retire.
    And then I'll be too old to enjoy it and just be moaning about the good old days