+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock is a leader NO doubt!

Warnock is a leader NO doubt!

Something was badly wrong at Deepdale last night.
    We won't know what it was but our leader NW has already taken full responsibility.
    No lashing out at the players.
    He knows confidence is everything and with Wednesday appearing at home on Saturday he needs to stay in command.

This is why the man is so good.
    On Saturday we will see if we should be where we are....I for one think we will do okay.

I missed last nights game unusually and it is uncanny how on the odd time I can't make it disaster strikes.

Having Ssssscchhhhh .... you know who above us now .... just makes this even more challenging and fun.

Blue in the Face

Re: Warnock is a leader NO doubt!

I do think he messed up with team selection and I did think that at the start of the game. But Neil totally acknowledged that. The three I thought did well were our two centre halves and Gunnar, though the latter was probably a bit spent by the end of the game. Hoilett might have had a good game but he was targeted with some, I thought dangerous challenges and the referee didn't protect him. Damour did ok. Thought Ward should've definitely started and helped build his confidence and a good goal on the weekend.

Like you say, Neil took responsibility. The lesson he needed to re-learn last night is that the league is a marathon and not a sprint. Sometimes it will be worth sacrificing star players with the long view in mind. Last night should have been one of those nights. Neil clearly knows that and as he rightly says, has the excuse now to rotate. Thank goodness we have some depth in the squad.

By doing this he has protected the players. We know if its lack of effort he will rip into them.

I think it was a lack of preparation. Or the wrong anticipation of what Preston would produce.
    I suspect they had been focused on handling Fulham and did not expect what Preston threw at them last night.
    That explains for me why NW took the blame.
    In truth I don't think even the Preston fans expected much last night.

Looking at the sky highlights i thought the defense was poor ,Bamba got easily caught out in a missed tackle ,tuned , and didn't appear to try and get back for the second , the third well thats been on the cards our keepers decisions and distribution is poor at times .

Without the last two it would have been 1-0 running into the last period who knows what would have come from that .

I am very dispirited in their performance that night ,its not about team selection , tiredness , ts about wanting it ,and doing it, and just fighting for a draw in difficult circumstances .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looking at the sky highlights i thought the defense was poor ,Bamba got easily caught out in a missed tackle ,tuned , and didn't appear to try and get back for the second , the third well thats been on the cards our keepers decisions and distribution is poor at times .

Without the last two it would have been 1-0 running into the last period who knows what would have come from that .

I am very dispirited in their performance that night ,its not about team selection , tiredness , ts about wanting it ,and doing it, and just fighting for a draw in difficult circumstances .
    Sounding a bit Lee Johnson there.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Keeper was to blame for the free kick going in as well. He was halfway across his goal almost covering the same side as the wall. Although the wet pitch wasn't helping him at all for low shots. Sadly once we were a goal down it was pretty much one way traffic after that