+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tiredness? Really?

Tiredness? Really?

Last season we played 5 games in 14 days at the end of January/beginning of February. We then had a double away trip to Leeds and Derby on a Saturday and Tuesday.

We won at promotion seeking Leeds then travelled to Derby, who were themselves just shy of the playoffs.

After such a knackering schedule and two long away trips, we came back from 2 goals down in that Derby match and won 4-3 with an injury time penalty.

Just saying, that's all.

Re: Tiredness? Really?

I'm guessing the international break came at the wrong time and we lost momentum.

It was the green shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It was the green shirts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NEVER AGAIN PLEASE

Is it because we're playing a higher intensity, closing down style this season?

It was the green shirts
    This!

I think it could be that we started the season fitter than the rest and now they have caught us up on the fitness

Seriously a lot of the players were on international duty , travelled a lot , played a hard game
    at Fulham and probably were tired.

I went to London and back on Friday to see a show. Went back on Saturday to see City.
    Went to Oxford and back on Sunday to help with wedding plans for my daughter.

Monday morning I was seriously rubber ducked.

It was the green shirts
    My first thoughts! Green is the new Grey!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

NEVER AGAIN PLEASE
    they are lime

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Seriously a lot of the players were on international duty , travelled a lot , played a hard game

I went to London and back on Friday to see a show. Went back on Saturday to see City.

Yep I can concur i took all my leave in August this year travelling around Devon and Cornwall for 9 days , then off to a week in the Sun at the end came back totally bollocks , took a week to recover,fell ill .

It was the green shirts
    tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

NEVER AGAIN PLEASE
    idiot 1

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This!
    idiot 2

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

Are you a professional sportsman?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Last season we played 5 games in 14 days at the end of January/beginning of February. We then had a double away trip to Leeds and Derby on a Saturday and Tuesday.

We won at promotion seeking Leeds then travelled to Derby, who were themselves just shy of the playoffs.

After such a knackering schedule and two long away trips, we came back from 2 goals down in that Derby match and won 4-3 with an injury time penalty.

Just saying, that's all.

Always a bit galling when, having spent a week travelling to and from Birmingham and spending 8 hours in work to see wealthy young athletes claim they are jaded having played two football games in 3 days - against opponents who have done the same!

Are footballers now the most out of touch sportsmen in the world?

However at elite level even a 5% reduction in fitness caused by an intense travelling schedule can hand the opponents a significant advantage.

Our recovery time following saturdays excursions would have been less than prestons.

Perhaps our style of play contributes to player fatigue as well.

After the qpr match the other week , I saw Gunnarsson outside the stadium and he could barely walk to his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    However at elite level even a 5% reduction in fitness caused by an intense travelling schedule can hand the opponents a significant advantage.

Our recovery time following saturdays excursions would have been less than prestons.

Perhaps our style of play contributes to player fatigue as well.

After the qpr match the other week , I saw Gunnarsson outside the stadium and he could barely walk to his car.
    ""I saw Gunnarsson outside the stadium and he could barely walk to his car"" . like besty ??

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are you a professional sportsman?

No but travelling knackers everyone , pro or not.