+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phew........

Phew........

Anyone else feeling it after last night?? I was worried for a bit we were going to fly this league and end up back "there" again........

Re: Phew........

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone else feeling it after last night?? I was worried for a bit we were going to fly this league and end up back "there" again........
    Didn't breathe a sigh of relief, never happy when City lose. I'm not too bothered about the Premier League though, not because of our previous experience there, but because it exemplifies everything that is bad about modern football. I really like the Championship. If we do go up, then so be it, I won't be distraught. I'd be far more excited though if we were in League One and looking at promotion to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I like the thrill of the chase of getting promoted etc - I wouldnt mind a year or 2 in the prem - but it gets hard going to watch your team get beat every week - with a win or draw if youre lucky - that is no fun at all.
    Yes, perhaps more so that you know that your objective is just to stay there. There's never any chance of breaking into the elite and success is only achievable by winning a cup, but they don't matter until the latter stages in favour of not being the worst in the league.

I used to think that getting to the Premier League was the ultimate, the highest point in football. Now I know it isn't. I don't recall feeling sad in any way when we were relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, perhaps more so that you know that your objective is just to stay there. There's never any chance of breaking into the elite and success is only achievable by winning a cup, but they don't matter until the latter stages in favour of not being the worst in the league.

I used to think that getting to the Premier League was the ultimate, the highest point in football. Now I know it isn't. I don't recall feeling sad in any way when we were relegated.
    I'd like to see us give it a go, though. It didn't feel like my team in the Premier League, and without relegation, we'd still be playing in red and I'd have no football club so I was pretty pleased. Also everything is geared towards the big clubs doing well, they don't have enough advantages as it is apparently...

I just want us to make a fist of it this time, in the right shirts. If Southampton and Stoke can establish themselves, I don't see why we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Over forty years I dreamed of seeing City in the top division, forty years!! But when it happened, I can't say I enjoyed it, apart from one bonkers afternoon against Man City. Partly due us playing in Red, partly because we were shit, partly due to all the Tan/Malky nonsense.

It would be nice to go up this season in Blue, but let's be honest, the chances of us being anywhere near the top 6 in my lifetime is probably zero due to the ridiculous amounts of money the big clubs can spend. Years ago, the playing field was far more level and therefore enjoyable.

Couple of jacks I know who are mid 40's tell me they've had enough, partly due to the fact they hate the fact they have an American consortium as owners and are now just another club. Maybe because they are struggling now and a huge proportion of their money just goes on wages, who knows. Some proper clubs in the championship, most of which are far bigger than half the clubs up there now.
    Can't see Neil staying if he did take us up, cue chaos next season....

I've not met a city fans that did enjoy the Premiership . Although alcohol in take increased wonderfully.

The two Manchester games were great, other than that I thought we had a very negative approach to the games we played.

Thought we bought poorly and had the wrong manager for that league ,we basically looked like a club blinded in the headlights.

If we went up we should beg Warnock to stay and play some senior advisory role , allow him to select our next manager .

The thrill of the promotion year far exceeds anything afterwards , because of the control of the bigger clubs , having said that Leicester showed there is a chance and so has Swansea and others who stayed up with far less expenditure , fanbase , and ground capacities.

I was only joking anyway, to get promoted in blue under Neil would be great, far better than last time. Let's face it, it couldn't possibly be any worse could it???