+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the end for the EU Remainers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: This is the end for the EU Remainers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No. MPs should be in a position where they can make more educated decisions based on facts and considerations of experts and people highly educated in their fields. Basing decisions on the whim of an easily swayed electorate, many of whom would rather use emotions and misguided opinions than facts, cannot be sensible and has the potential to be dangerous.
    That's a scary reply why vote for any of them then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That's a scary reply why vote for any of them then?
    MP's are elected to represent their constituents, after being elected by their constituents at the ballot box, that's democracy. I've never voted for a Tory, but have had to stomach the Tory Governments of Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron and currently May because a majority, (in the current system we use) have voted that way, I tend to think that if another EU vote was taken, the margin to exit would be greater because of the continual, and the manner of sulking, scaremongering etc. etc. that has been seen going on ever since. I still think however, that by some miraculous miracle, a stage managed solution will be made for the UK to remain in the EU. The liberals fought a lone ticket pro-eu election and got murdered at the ballot box, yet Cable is still treating the electorate as idiots and not even contemplating why just over 50% of the voters said FU to the EU.

I agree with a lot of the above.
    It seems to me since the turn of the country that there been a massive dumbing down of culture and people are obsessed with minor celebrity shit, wannabees, and utter inane drivel like TOWIE and the Beckhams.

I remember on Saturday nights they used to show things like 'a touch of frost' which at least made people think, now it's playing on mass addiction of crappy talent shows.

I'd disagree about the so-called progressive being one blame and controlling the media. The BBC has its faults but give me that rather then the likes of Fox News. The telegraph, Mail, Sun, Express are hardly progressive and they've a fair share of refers and seem to have a closeness with the current government.

I don't agree about the white person being the poor oppressed these days. We're still the richest most dominant culture on this planet and all the bollocks Breitbart, infor wars etc isn't going to chane that, rather it gets hem more clicks and more money.

Which leads us to the likes of Dianld trump. Yes the swamp may need draining but a billionaire narcistc arsehole who only cares about his name and the increasing wealth and power of his family isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree with a lot of the above.
    It seems to me since the turn of the country that there been a massive dumbing down of culture and people are obsessed with minor celebrity shit, wannabees, and utter inane drivel like TOWIE and the Beckhams.

I remember on Saturday nights they used to show things like 'a touch of frost' which at least made people think, now it's playing on mass addiction of crappy talent shows.

I'd disagree about the so-called progressive being one blame and controlling the media. The BBC has its faults but give me that rather then the likes of Fox News. The telegraph, Mail, Sun, Express are hardly progressive and they've a fair share of refers and seem to have a closeness with the current government.

I don't agree about the white person being the poor oppressed these days. We're still the richest most dominant culture on this planet and all the bollocks Breitbart, infor wars etc isn't going to chane that, rather it gets hem more clicks and more money.

Which leads us to the likes of Dianld trump. Yes the swamp may need draining but a billionaire narcistc arsehole who only cares about his name and the increasing wealth and power of his family isn't the answer.
    Saturday night TV has usually been dire/populist over the decades - and I don't think that things have been dumbed down but that there has always been a huge demand for pleb-fodder from the media.