+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Mark "Ringo" Ring used to think he was good enough at football to play for Brazil if that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mark "Ringo" Ring used to think he was good enough at football to play for Brazil if that counts.

True.

Never the shy retiring type.

Where are you on the CCFC Georges research Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    True.

Never the shy retiring type.

Where are you on the CCFC Georges research Paul?
    Too late , have done it myself now , and yes I did cheat and look it up on Wikipedia.

They list a total of 7 players called George who have played for Cardiff City FC , none of whom played later than 1939.

Something was nagging (what`s left of) my brain that we had a more recent George than that , then it struck me (there is normally a queue for that!). George Johnson who played for us as an attacking midfielder/ striker for us in the mid-1960s. I am sure he played for us in a few European Cup Winners Cup games for us as well as League games.

Have Wikipedia missed out any other Georges that anyone on here can remember?

This is a test for TOBW and Enoch Mort I think.

Listen to half of this and believe half of that and you will be nearer the truth

Too late , have done it myself now , and yes I did cheat and look it up on Wikipedia.

They list a total of 7 players called George who have played for Cardiff City FC , none of whom played later than 1939.

Something was nagging (what`s left of) my brain that we had a more recent George than that , then it struck me (there is normally a queue for that!). George Johnson who played for us as an attacking midfielder/ striker for us in the mid-1960s. I am sure he played for us in a few European Cup Winners Cup games for us as well as League games.

George Smith played in midfield for us in the mid-70s

How about George Wood??

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    How about George Wood??
    George Andrews.

Wasn't there a George Andrews, a centre forward with sideburns

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn't there a George Andrews, a centre forward with sideburns

See. The knowledgeable folk of this board come to the fore again.

We now have Georges Johnson , Smith, Andrews and Wood to add at the very least. Saw all of them play for the club in my time. How the hell I forgot about George Wood (he with no hair but we don't care!) is beyond me.

He was sold to Arsenal for £20,000.