+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Blue in the Face

Re: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Wow. Regardless of market trends, that's a hell of a lot of money if true. Would be a club record for sure. Surely the biggest bid we ever received was for Gary Medel.

I'd imagine it was no where near a £17m cash deal.

Reading that story, it looks very much that any other manager and he'd have gone.

He will need to keep performing if he wants a move like that.

If he has a stinking few months he's going to have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Almost sure Hemed was a part of an initial player + cash offer.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Quote from his agent: " It was a real, really honorable amount that was offered. And there was also strong interest from Everton."
    Think that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Eeek that type of money could get you promoted ,will he ever score again, is his head somewhere else , he seems to put a shift in , just seen a few blasted over the bar recently , should we have sold him , is it fake news ,so many questions swirling in my mind ,help me Doctor Paul

Now who has just posted this?
    “Like what Wez said, I was also told Vincent Tan wanted to accept the bid and Neil Warnock talked Tan out of it.
    Tan must love Warnock and sees that if Warnock succeeds then the prize is way way bigger “

He really has got a chip on his shoulder. Total numbskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    “Like what Wez said, I was also told Vincent Tan wanted to accept the bid and Neil Warnock talked Tan out of it.
    Tan must love Warnock and sees that if Warnock succeeds then the prize is way way bigger “

It's so strong, you can just smell the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But very good PR it appears we are cared for by NW and Vincent is forever listening to his wise old owl Neil , and the fans , he's probably said since i told you Neil , he can't hit a barn door now , and i'm 17 million down. woh is me

#fake news. Defo

Thanks for the link to the interesting article Paul. As a side comment , the wording seems strange (almost as if in "pigeon English" or translated from another language) even though the agents are English.

By way of background to the company who act as KH`s agents.

Paramount Sports Management Limited were set up in 2006 by Darryl Powell (ex Derby County midfielder) as is Derbyshire based. He is the sole director of the company.

It employs 4 people , two of whom have a CCFC link. They are Paul Williams (the "flying postman" and Deon Burton. The other employees are the Copenhagen based Freebody Appiah (great name!) who acts as an agent in Denmark and Sweden and a lady called Sara Gration who appears to be a financial bookkeeper (rather than a regulated Independent Financial Adviser who might sell her services to footballer clients as I expected her to be).

Paramount Sports Management Limited does not appear to be very successful financially , at least up until the latest financial accounts covering the year to 31 January 2016. In that year , it made a loss of nearly £75k and at the end of the year it was left with net assets of only £7k ( debtors of £104k, cash of £68k less liabilities of £165k). Of the debtor asset of £104k , nearly £71k was owed by Darryl Powell himself as his directors loan account was overdrawn.

Based on the above financial position, I would imagine that the agency were very keen to talk up and complete a sale of Kenneth Zohore to anybody.

Darryl Powell also has a directorship in a second company , Paramount (2012) Limited. That had net assets of about £204k as at 31 January 2016.

For those interested , I hope this is a decent bit of background information. For those not , at least I will have helped start off your afternoon siesta

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But very good PR it appears we are cared for by NW and Vincent is forever listening to his wise old owl Neil , and the fans , he's probably said since i told you Neil , he can't hit a barn door now , and i'm 17 million down. woh is me

I wasn't saying bullshit from the club/agent, guess where I was saying I could smell the bullshit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Thanks for the link to the interesting article Paul. As a side comment , the wording seems strange (almost as if in "pigeon English" or translated from another language) even though the agents are English.

By way of background to the company who act as KH`s agents.

Paramount Sports Management Limited were set up in 2006 by Darryl Powell (ex Derby County midfielder) as is Derbyshire based. He is the sole director of the company.

It employs 4 people , two of whom have a CCFC link. They are Paul Williams (the "flying postman" and Deon Burton. The other employees are the Copenhagen based Freebody Appiah (great name!) who acts as an agent in Denmark and Sweden and a lady called Sara Gration who appears to be a financial bookkeeper (rather than a regulated Independent Financial Adviser who might sell her services to footballer clients as I expected her to be).

Paramount Sports Management Limited does not appear to be very successful financially , at least up until the latest financial accounts covering the year to 31 January 2016. In that year , it made a loss of nearly £75k and at the end of the year it was left with net assets of only £7k ( debtors of £104k, cash of £68k less liabilities of £165k). Of the debtor asset of £104k , nearly £71k was owed by Darryl Powell himself as his directors loan account was overdrawn.

Based on the above financial position, I would imagine that the agency were very keen to talk up and complete a sale of Kenneth Zohore to anybody.

Darryl Powell also has a directorship in a second company , Paramount (2012) Limited. That had net assets of about £204k as at 31 January 2016.

For those interested , I hope this is a decent bit of background information. For those not , at least I will have helped start off your afternoon siesta
    I maybe wrong but wasn't it JOHN Williams who played for us and was the ex-postie?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    I maybe wrong but wasn't it JOHN Williams who played for us and was the ex-postie?
    You are not wrong at all - it was my typing error. The employee is the self same John Williams (why I typed Paul can only be down to senility on my part)

You are not wrong at all - it was my typing error. The employee is the self same John Williams (why I typed Paul can only be down to senility on my part)
    Could have been George or Ringo then.

Could have been George or Ringo then.
    I am pretty sure we have had a few Georges playing for us , but I can`t remember a Ringo over the last 55 years.

Paul (TOBW) will undoubtedly be able to put me right on this

Mark "Ringo" Ring used to think he was good enough at football to play for Brazil if that counts.

Mark "Ringo" Ring used to think he was good enough at football to play for Brazil if that counts.

True.

Never the shy retiring type.

Where are you on the CCFC Georges research Paul?

True.

Never the shy retiring type.

Where are you on the CCFC Georges research Paul?
    Too late , have done it myself now , and yes I did cheat and look it up on Wikipedia.

They list a total of 7 players called George who have played for Cardiff City FC , none of whom played later than 1939.

Something was nagging (what`s left of) my brain that we had a more recent George than that , then it struck me (there is normally a queue for that!). George Johnson who played for us as an attacking midfielder/ striker for us in the mid-1960s. I am sure he played for us in a few European Cup Winners Cup games for us as well as League games.

Have Wikipedia missed out any other Georges that anyone on here can remember?

This is a test for TOBW and Enoch Mort I think.

Listen to half of this and believe half of that and you will be nearer the truth

Too late , have done it myself now , and yes I did cheat and look it up on Wikipedia.

They list a total of 7 players called George who have played for Cardiff City FC , none of whom played later than 1939.

Something was nagging (what`s left of) my brain that we had a more recent George than that , then it struck me (there is normally a queue for that!). George Johnson who played for us as an attacking midfielder/ striker for us in the mid-1960s. I am sure he played for us in a few European Cup Winners Cup games for us as well as League games.

George Smith played in midfield for us in the mid-70s

How about George Wood??

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    How about George Wood??
    George Andrews.