+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Re: City turned down £17 million Brighton bid for Zohore..................

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Thanks for the link to the interesting article Paul. As a side comment , the wording seems strange (almost as if in "pigeon English" or translated from another language) even though the agents are English.

By way of background to the company who act as KH`s agents.

Paramount Sports Management Limited were set up in 2006 by Darryl Powell (ex Derby County midfielder) as is Derbyshire based. He is the sole director of the company.

It employs 4 people , two of whom have a CCFC link. They are Paul Williams (the "flying postman" and Deon Burton. The other employees are the Copenhagen based Freebody Appiah (great name!) who acts as an agent in Denmark and Sweden and a lady called Sara Gration who appears to be a financial bookkeeper (rather than a regulated Independent Financial Adviser who might sell her services to footballer clients as I expected her to be).

Paramount Sports Management Limited does not appear to be very successful financially , at least up until the latest financial accounts covering the year to 31 January 2016. In that year , it made a loss of nearly £75k and at the end of the year it was left with net assets of only £7k ( debtors of £104k, cash of £68k less liabilities of £165k). Of the debtor asset of £104k , nearly £71k was owed by Darryl Powell himself as his directors loan account was overdrawn.

Based on the above financial position, I would imagine that the agency were very keen to talk up and complete a sale of Kenneth Zohore to anybody.

Darryl Powell also has a directorship in a second company , Paramount (2012) Limited. That had net assets of about £204k as at 31 January 2016.

For those interested , I hope this is a decent bit of background information. For those not , at least I will have helped start off your afternoon siesta
    Wow thanks for that , top end post , could anyone close to the club slap this info in front of ken and Neil please

Wasn't there a George Andrews, a centre forward with sideburns

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn't there a George Andrews, a centre forward with sideburns

See. The knowledgeable folk of this board come to the fore again.

We now have Georges Johnson , Smith, Andrews and Wood to add at the very least. Saw all of them play for the club in my time. How the hell I forgot about George Wood (he with no hair but we don't care!) is beyond me.

Too late , have done it myself now , and yes I did cheat and look it up on Wikipedia.

They list a total of 7 players called George who have played for Cardiff City FC , none of whom played later than 1939.

Something was nagging (what`s left of) my brain that we had a more recent George than that , then it struck me (there is normally a queue for that!). George Johnson who played for us as an attacking midfielder/ striker for us in the mid-1960s. I am sure he played for us in a few European Cup Winners Cup games for us as well as League games.

Have Wikipedia missed out any other Georges that anyone on here can remember?

This is a test for TOBW and Enoch Mort I think.
    He was sold to Arsenal for £20,000.

I seem to remember coming across a George or Gordon Blackburn when I was looking for questions for a six decades Blackburn quiz.

Scouts coming to see Zohore in recent weeks probably go away more impressed with Mendez-Laing.

I'm sure there is a Scottish winger (George), in the mix somewhere, but the gray matter has dried up.

George Edwards

Nobody else see's this as more than a coincidence that the story has suddenly come out right after a bad game?

Pure nonsense until either club has come out and admitted it. A desperate looking agent trying to keep the hype train going for a potentially big payday in the future.

[QUOTE=itkman;4783276]I'd imagine it was no where near a £17m cash deal.[/QUO

I actually would have thought most of the money would have been upfront due to the bid being so late.... that said we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    #fake news. Defo
    Agreed. For 17 million quid Vinny would have carried Zohore to Brighton on his back.

Thanks for the link to the interesting article Paul. As a side comment , the wording seems strange (almost as if in "pigeon English" or translated from another language) even though the agents are English.

By way of background to the company who act as KH`s agents.

Paramount Sports Management Limited were set up in 2006 by Darryl Powell (ex Derby County midfielder) as is Derbyshire based. He is the sole director of the company.

It employs 4 people , two of whom have a CCFC link. They are Paul Williams (the "flying postman" and Deon Burton. The other employees are the Copenhagen based Freebody Appiah (great name!) who acts as an agent in Denmark and Sweden and a lady called Sara Gration who appears to be a financial bookkeeper (rather than a regulated Independent Financial Adviser who might sell her services to footballer clients as I expected her to be).

Paramount Sports Management Limited does not appear to be very successful financially , at least up until the latest financial accounts covering the year to 31 January 2016. In that year , it made a loss of nearly £75k and at the end of the year it was left with net assets of only £7k ( debtors of £104k, cash of £68k less liabilities of £165k). Of the debtor asset of £104k , nearly £71k was owed by Darryl Powell himself as his directors loan account was overdrawn.

Based on the above financial position, I would imagine that the agency were very keen to talk up and complete a sale of Kenneth Zohore to anybody.

Darryl Powell also has a directorship in a second company , Paramount (2012) Limited. That had net assets of about £204k as at 31 January 2016.

For those interested , I hope this is a decent bit of background information. For those not , at least I will have helped start off your afternoon siesta

See. The knowledgeable folk of this board come to the fore again.

We now have Georges Johnson , Smith, Andrews and Wood to add at the very least. Saw all of them play for the club in my time. How the hell I forgot about George Wood (he with no hair but we don't care!) is beyond me.
    It was Georgie Johnston not Johnson, married a girl from Heol Poyston (nee Snowball). The night of the Anfield, Jordan hand ball game, a mate of mine was playing skittles against his side at the Home Guard, game was on the box, needless to say Georgie Johnston was not very popular that night.😂😂😂

George Andrews came from Lower Gornal Athletic, same club we signed Gary Bell from.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    George Andrews came from Lower Gornal Athletic, same club we signed Gary Bell from.
    Yes a joint £1000 fee for both of them. Andrews scored well but left after only a year and Gary Bell became a legend, eventually.

It was John Williams who was know as the flying postman. Wa sPaul William the centre back who played for County?

I want this story to be true.

The size of fee quoted is surprising but everything else (apart from the man and dog broke agents) fits with the public statements from the club (and reported comments from Ken) and Brighton's desperation for a striker late in the window.

After careful consideration I have decided to believe it 100% - and it leaves a nice warm feeling about the club and Ken Zohore.

How much did Brighton bid for Zahore though?😜😜😜

Blue in the Face

Kenneth Zohore: Neil Warnock tells striker's agent to show gratitude

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41279190

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock says Kenneth Zohore's agent should stop talking about other clubs' interest in the striker and be grateful for the progress he has made at Cardiff.

A report in the Danish press says Cardiff turned down a £17 million bid from Brighton while BBC Wales Sport reported that Everton were also keen.

Zohore is without a goal since the opening day of the season and Warnock says the speculation is a factor.

"I don't think it helps," he said.

"The agent should just think himself lucky that I've made him the player he is - because he was going back to Belgium and the agent wouldn't have made a penny, but that's another story."....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Kenneth Zohore: Neil Warnock tells striker's agent to show gratitude

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41279190

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock says Kenneth Zohore's agent should stop talking about other clubs' interest in the striker and be grateful for the progress he has made at Cardiff.

A report in the Danish press says Cardiff turned down a £17 million bid from Brighton while BBC Wales Sport reported that Everton were also keen.

Zohore is without a goal since the opening day of the season and Warnock says the speculation is a factor.

"I don't think it helps," he said.

"The agent should just think himself lucky that I've made him the player he is - because he was going back to Belgium and the agent wouldn't have made a penny, but that's another story."....
    Good I say. It was that edge to NW that turned what seemed like lazy layabouts into promotion contenders