+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking For The Game On Saturday

Parking For The Game On Saturday

Hi all

I'm planning on bringing my 6 year old lad over from Bristol for his first game (and my first at the CC Stadium).

I can't seem to get much information about parking, though.

Is the stadium a viable option - or the nearby park and ride?

It's important to get this right - got to get the next generation into the right team. I've already got him into Real Mallorca..

Thanks in advance.

Re: Parking For The Game On Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Hi all

I'm planning on bringing my 6 year old lad over from Bristol for his first game (and my first at the CC Stadium).

It's important to get this right - got to get the next generation into the right team. I've already got him into Real Mallorca..

Thanks in advance.
    People need to be protected from the likes of you when the chips are down.

Hi all

Thanks in advance.
    You can park at the stadium but It`s quite expensive and you can`t get away very quickly.
    I`d try the Gol down Lawenny Avenue about 5-10 min walk try their website for details.
    Failing that there are car parks in Canton £3 all day behind the Goscome pub and Behind Peacocks about 10 - 15 walks

I would park on one of the side streets near The Cornwall and walk. Tell you what though, if it was me taking my boy to his first City match, I'd make a proper day of it. Get the train over, head for a bit of lunch in town or Canton, few pints, pop and crisps for the lad. No parking or traffic hassles. I bet he'll love it mate

I used Canton RFC for the first time for the Wales v Austria match with my two kids and thought it was excellent. Despite being packed, there were no queues for the bar, toilets or BBQ. Stewarded car park and five minute walk to the ground.

There were large queues to get out of Lawrenny Avenue at the end as to be expected for a 33k crowd, but we used said BBQ, watched the big screen analysis after the match with pop and crisps and we were away after about 20 minutes. Doubt if the BBQ is a regular thing, but would recommend the whole thing in any case.

Asda is ok now.

use asdas get early and put asda bag on the back for life seat ok you be fine thats what i do never had ticket

gag for life

chipspie

bag on my phone

chipspie

Thanks all. That's much appreciated! 👍🏻

I was advised in previous thread get to stadium car park at least and hour before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    People need to be protected from the likes of you when the chips are down.

Make sure you get him some Dr.Martin boots, it's gonna be pwopa nawty this Saturday

I would park at Gol, you pay but get the money back in a bar voucher, pop into the bar and get a couple of drinks. A gentle stroll to the game.

Watch the game, have a quick mcdonalds after the game as a treat, walk back to the car and the roads are then clear to drive away. I have always done this when taking the kids down its really simple.

http://www.golcentres.co.uk/location...king-away-fans

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I would park on one of the side streets near The Cornwall and walk. Tell you what though, if it was me taking my boy to his first City match, I'd make a proper day of it. Get the train over, head for a bit of lunch in town or Canton, few pints, pop and crisps for the lad. No parking or traffic hassles. I bet he'll love it mate
    How many pints for the lad, do you reckon?

Hi all

It's important to get this right - got to get the next generation into the right team. I've already got him into Real Mallorca..Thanks in advance.