+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: London Tube blast treated as terror incident

Re: London Tube blast treated as terror incident

I hate to go all Lesley Phillips on you the redhead is rather a spiffing bit of top London totty !!!

Belated commiserations for Throbbing Gristle. I knew he was knocking on but it came as a shock to learn he had turned his paws up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She's not an actress, she is a BBC reporter and an eyewitness to this attrocity who was right there when the bucket went off.
    Why is there ALWAYS a BBC reporter right next to the incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Belated commiserations for Throbbing Gristle. I knew he was knocking on but it came as a shock to learn he had turned his paws up.
    He rutted his way through many a garden party of designer dogs

He's left his mark round these parts the old sea beast

God bless him

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That's a really good idea.

They're doing something similar in the Philippines at the moment with drug addicts. It's quite important to give governments sweeping powers in the name of our security (feck me, isn't it all so dangerous these days?) and they will never abuse these powers right?

I'd be completely happy for the Government to put us all under surveillance for 24 hours a day (oh, we are already?) just to stop us getting our eyebrows singed by these bombs that are exploding at a rate of once every 10 years.

Perhaps I missed your point, and you are only talking about the brown people?
    Really ?
    Islamic terrorism, extremism and militancy is rife throughout the whole world.
    You, and the rest of the UK knew that this, relatively minor, incident wasn't going to be so called white supremacists, Buddhists, Sikhs or Hindus.
    We all knew that it was going to be a Muslim, irrespective of the individual's skin colour.
    Are you racist enough to claim that all Muslims have brown skin !
    I don't.
    Muslim terrorists, extremists and militants are evil bastards.
    Those who radicalise and indoctrinate are evil bastards.
    A significantly higher number of those who protect and directly support the above, are evil bastards.
    An even significantly higher number who cheer and celebrate these type of actions are evil bastards.
    These incidents in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world are the tip of iceberg as the vast majority of potential incidents/attacks are prevented by security forces.
    There is a significant problem world wide and the common denominator is Islam.
    Many Muslims are very nice people.
    It is not the nice or decent Muslims that we should be concerned about, but to summarily dismiss a very real worldwide problem on the basis that some Muslims have a different colour skin to you, me or anyone who dares to criticise is ludicrous.
    I had the same skin colour as the IRA terrorists.
    I hated them with a passion, as any sane person would.
    Why should we feel any differently now, because it's Islamic terrorism, extremism and militancy.
    I hate the actions, not the skin colour.

Definitely a conspiracy theory like because if the government were planning something like this they'd definitely leave little clues like a lidl bag completely intact so the more clever ones could spot it.

Same as when sandy hook used actors they used the same ones in the Super Bowl half time show as a wink to the ones of us who are more clued up.

I never used to think that the troubles in Ireland would ever stop. I know they haven't completely and it's hard to compare but when opposing arguments meet, it can't be won by force because then it's not really won. in turn living together seems out the question for some, sense doesn't always prevail.Hope the moderate voice prevails. Even when I myself sometimes feel any thing but moderate I know deep down it's the only way. The alternative is what both extreme sides of the argument want. It don't matter to those on the edges what side you pick. as long as you pick one. That shit probably worked 10000 years ago. Not any more. Not really. Not for me any way.

Corporate media is predictably trying to wring maximum attention and fear-mongering from the incident.
    It's like pick a side. Any side as long as you pick one,. Black and white. Us and them. Divide and conquer. There is no money in peace, same as there is no money in a cure. Been going on since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It's like pick a side. Any side as long as you pick one,. Black and white. Us and them. Divide and conquer. There is no money in peace, same as there is no money in a cure. Been going on since forever.
    Nicely summarised and completely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Nicely summarised and completely correct.
    We could build a coalition of the willing my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She's not an actress, she is a BBC reporter and an eyewitness to this attrocity who was right there when the bucket went off.
    Well well.
    I searched about and couldn't find anything on that, could you provide a link ?

Hard to disagree with that.

Well said.

As long as we're pointing the finger at each other then we're not pointing it at the people making the rules and causing the problems.

Blacks, Irish, Gays, Single Mothers, Benefit Claimants, Immigrants and now Muslims. The past 50 years has seen a conveyor belt of scapegoats as the reason for societies problems, lack of money, reasons to be fearful etc. etc.

The one constant - the establishment deflecting blame onto the 'little' people.

The sad part - people too stupid to think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    BBC are still explaining it as an explosion!!!, I expect to see you on their website trolling their reporters, off you go.
    What is this supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Really ?
    Islamic terrorism, extremism and militancy is rife throughout the whole world.
    You, and the rest of the UK knew that this, relatively minor, incident wasn't going to be so called white supremacists, Buddhists, Sikhs or Hindus.
    We all knew that it was going to be a Muslim, irrespective of the individual's skin colour.
    Are you racist enough to claim that all Muslims have brown skin !
    I don't.
    Muslim terrorists, extremists and militants are evil bastards.
    Those who radicalise and indoctrinate are evil bastards.
    A significantly higher number of those who protect and directly support the above, are evil bastards.
    An even significantly higher number who cheer and celebrate these type of actions are evil bastards.
    These incidents in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world are the tip of iceberg as the vast majority of potential incidents/attacks are prevented by security forces.
    There is a significant problem world wide and the common denominator is Islam.
    Many Muslims are very nice people.
    It is not the nice or decent Muslims that we should be concerned about, but to summarily dismiss a very real worldwide problem on the basis that some Muslims have a different colour skin to you, me or anyone who dares to criticise is ludicrous.
    I had the same skin colour as the IRA terrorists.
    I hated them with a passion, as any sane person would.
    Why should we feel any differently now, because it's Islamic terrorism, extremism and militancy.
    I hate the actions, not the skin colour.
    I have been back on the forum for a few days, and in that time I have come to a reasoned conclusion that you are unable to comprehend any points being made.

My point is very very simple. We are not getting bombed left, right and centre. No-one is. There is little risk to anyone, even those living in New York, or London, getting blown up by a terrorist.

How many terrorist incidents have there been in the UK since 2001? How about before?

The facts are that the Government is happy to erode our privacy purely to protect us from a bomb every few years. And, because of all the fear mongering in the Murdoch owned press, we all meekly accept it because we are all under the illusion that there is a bomb about to go off at any moment.

Your post is filled with assumptions, and it is filled with contradictions.

My point about "brown people" is that the person who thinks it's ok to have more surveillance is supposing that these invasions of privacy will not affect him. The fact is, they do. Councils have used anti-terrorism legislation to punish people for putting the wrong items in the wrong recycling bins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-crimes.html

What else?

Your post is daft, and you are dafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Well said.

As long as we're pointing the finger at each other then we're not pointing it at the people making the rules and causing the problems.

Blacks, Irish, Gays, Single Mothers, Benefit Claimants, Immigrants and now Muslims. The past 50 years has seen a conveyor belt of scapegoats as the reason for societies problems, lack of money, reasons to be fearful etc. etc.

The one constant - the establishment deflecting blame onto the 'little' people.

The sad part - people too stupid to think for themselves.
    Hear, hear.

Governments of every persuasion always place the interests of banks and big businesses above those of the citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I have been back on the forum for a few days, and in that time I have come to a reasoned conclusion that you are unable to comprehend any points being made.

My point is very very simple. We are not getting bombed left, right and centre. No-one is. There is little risk to anyone, even those living in New York, or London, getting blown up by a terrorist.

How many terrorist incidents have there been in the UK since 2001? How about before?

The facts are that the Government is happy to erode our privacy purely to protect us from a bomb every few years. And, because of all the fear mongering in the Murdoch owned press, we all meekly accept it because we are all under the illusion that there is a bomb about to go off at any moment.

Your post is filled with assumptions, and it is filled with contradictions.

My point about "brown people" is that the person who thinks it's ok to have more surveillance is supposing that these invasions of privacy will not affect him. The fact is, they do. Councils have used anti-terrorism legislation to punish people for putting the wrong items in the wrong recycling bins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-crimes.html

What else?

Your post is daft, and you are dafter.
    Your penultimate point about 'brown people' made no sense and was just a rant about councils and recycling bins 😨
    I have a healthy disregard for councils and how their total mismanagement and abuse of power.
    That, however does not mean my message has any less validity.
    This recent incident appears rather pathetic, but if it had achieved it's target of deaths and significant casualties, would your argument remain.
    It's not just about bombs 'going off every 10 years'.
    Clearly elementary maths is not your strong point.
    Actually what is your strong point, because you are totally missing the points that I raise.
    It's about ALL the attacks in Britain and the rest of Europe, oh and the rest of the world.
    Before 2001, there were terrorist attacks with more deaths and casualties due to the evil IRA.
    IRA attacks ONLY occurred in Great Britain and Ireland.
    Since 2001, virtually ALL attacks in Great Britain and Ireland, Europe and the rest of world have been as a result of the evil Muslims.
    IRA terrosism was a British and Irish phenomenon.
    Islamic terrorism is a worldwide phenomenon.
    That does not mean ALL Muslims are evil, just those that perpetrate these acts, those who radicalise, those who hide them, support them, those who share their evil ideology, those who celebrate and smile at their actions.

Your penultimate point about 'brown people' made no sense and was just a rant about councils and recycling bins ��
    I have a healthy disregard for councils and how their total mismanagement and abuse of power.
    This recent incident appears rather pathetic, but if it had achieved it's target of deaths and significant casualties, would your argument remain.
    Actually what is your strong point, because you are totally missing the points that I raise.
    It's about ALL the attacks in Britain and the rest of Europe, oh and the rest of the world.
    Before 2001, there were terrorist attacks with more deaths and casualties due to the evil IRA.
    Since 2001, virtually ALL attacks in Great Britain and Ireland, Europe and the rest of world have been as a result of the evil Muslims.
    That does not mean ALL Muslims are evil, just those that perpetrate these acts, those who radicalise, those who hide them, support them, those who share their evil ideology, those who celebrate and smile at their actions.
    This isn't really true according to these sources:

2009 - 294 terrorist attacks in the EU and one was Islamist (as deemed by Europol).
    2010 - 249, three Islamist
    2011 - 174 attacks, none Islamist
    2012 - 219 attacks, six "religiously motivated"
    2013 - 152 attacks, two "religiously motivated"

Far more often they appear to be by separatist groups.

https://thinkprogress.org/less-than-...-cec7d8ebedf6/

In America, out of 89 attacks deemed as terrorism between 2011 and 2015, 11 were carried out by Muslims (but got 44% of the media coverage)

http://reason.com/archives/2017/03/2...terrorist-atta

Maybe you have some different information; if so, do share.

Your penultimate point about 'brown people' made no sense and was just a rant about councils and recycling bins ��
    Add Germany and The Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This isn't really true according to these sources:

2009 - 294 terrorist attacks in the EU and one was Islamist (as deemed by Europol).
    2010 - 249, three Islamist
    2011 - 174 attacks, none Islamist
    2012 - 219 attacks, six "religiously motivated"
    2013 - 152 attacks, two "religiously motivated"

Far more often they appear to be by separatist groups.

https://thinkprogress.org/less-than-...-cec7d8ebedf6/

In America, out of 89 attacks deemed as terrorism between 2011 and 2015, 11 were carried out by Muslims (but got 44% of the media coverage)

http://reason.com/archives/2017/03/2...terrorist-atta

Maybe you have some different information; if so, do share.
    ThinkProgress
    Hardly a impartial source

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    ThinkProgress
    Hardly a impartial source
    Is the data itself wrong? The given source is Europol.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Why is there ALWAYS a BBC reporter right next to the incident?
    Ask organ Morgan, king of the conspiracy theorists, he knows

Your penultimate point about 'brown people' made no sense and was just a rant about councils and recycling bins 😨
    My response was in reply to a poster who thought yet even more erosions on our privacy was a good idea.

It isnt. There are not enough terror incidents to merit more surveillance. Also, these sweeping powers are being abused by Central and Local Government and, I would argue, these powers are being used for reasons other than protecting the country from one of those rare bombs.

More 'absolute nonsense' at the links for your perusal.

The Monster Surge That Wasn’t: Why Irma Caused Less Flooding Than Expected - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/11/u...-flooding.html

Relief rally for insurance stocks as worst Irma fears avoided - https://www.ft.com/content/dea8a4fa-...2-cde3f882dd7b

S&P 500 chalks up record high as fear gives way - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1BM1BH
    "They then changed their forecasts, but the media pretended to be unaware so as to retain viewers via ramping fearr".

This is nonsense. Just what access do you have to US media outlets anyway? There is a very real reason to be fearful of storm surges, look what happened in New York and along the Jersey shore in 2012. That surge was 2 feet higher than the most extreme predictions and it was devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Same as when sandy hook used actors they used the same ones in the Super Bowl half time show as a wink to the ones of us who are more clued up.
    Oh dear.
    Clued up.