+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: London Tube blast treated as terror incident

London Tube blast treated as terror incident

Re: London Tube blast treated as terror incident

It is horrible, but browsing social media you really understand how much of a sheltered life British people live.

They talk in such dramatic terms like "what is the world coming to". "I was in that area a few weeks ago". As if they're the star of the show.

It almost comes across as people enjoy the attention terror incidents bring them. Some easy social media posts. Perverse.

"At least" 60 Shia Muslims got blown up and shot at a restaurant yesterday in Iraq. Before we begin muslim bashing

It was only a Lidl explosion.

Wires can be seen coming out of drilled holes in the bucket, looks as though it was a poorly executed attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wires can be seen coming out of drilled holes in the bucket, looks as though it was a poorly executed attack.
    Did they find a passport next to the bucket? !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Did they find a passport next to the bucket? !!!!!
    ?

Corporate media is predictably trying to wring maximum attention and fear-mongering from the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why did they evacuate The Aetherius Temple School?

Surely a Flying Saucer should have appeared to save them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Corporate media is predictably trying to wring maximum attention and fear-mongering from the incident.
    Yes, it was only a small bomb after all and nobody killed, so don't know why they are even reporting it.

#onlyadropofrain

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes, it was only a small bomb after all and nobody killed, so don't know why they are even reporting it.

#onlyadropofrain
    Organ's not suggesting that.

#completelymisinterpretedagain

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is horrible, but browsing social media you really understand how much of a sheltered life British people live.

They talk in such dramatic terms like "what is the world coming to". "I was in that area a few weeks ago". As if they're the star of the show.

It almost comes across as people enjoy the attention terror incidents bring them. Some easy social media posts. Perverse.

"At least" 60 Shia Muslims got blown up and shot at a restaurant yesterday in Iraq. Before we begin muslim bashing
    The best thing about antisocial media is getting off there and staying off it for good. Most users are cretins

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    The best thing about antisocial media is getting off there and staying off it for good. Most users are cretins
    You do appreciate that CCMB is a form of social media, don't you?

You do appreciate that CCMB is a form of social media, don't you?
    You know what I mean, the knobs on Facebook. Needy and narcissistic. Doctors now prescribing for a condition called FOMO ... Fear of Missing Out.

#onlyadropofrain
    I've made the same point in the past. Those who commit such crimes want to attract maximum publicity and alarm - and the media are ultra willing to oblige them.

FriendsLikeBlocked OMG and LOL

I've made the same point in the past. Those who commit such crimes want to attract maximum publicity and alarm - and the media are ultra willing to oblige them.
    Indeed, damn the press and TV for reporting on this.

I get that tube through Parsons Green, at about that time, a few times per week. Was going the other way today for a meeting in North London.

It's bring it home a bit more tbh when you think it's possible you could have been caught up in it. The media though probably doesn't reflect the mood of people carrying on as usual with their everyday business. Obviously it's different for those directly involved.

Indeed, damn the press and TV for reporting on this.
    I wasn't advocating a news blackout but rather questioning why they always do exactly what the opponent desires, which is blanket coverage... sometimes for days on end. Aren't you curious too?

By the way, as predicted Irma wasn't nearly as devastating as meteorologists had thought until a few days before landfall. They then changed their forecasts, but the media pretended to be unaware so as to retain viewers via ramping fear. World stock markets surged on Monday as a consequence.

I wasn't advocating a news blackout but rather questioning why they always do exactly what the opponent desires, which is blanket coverage... sometimes for days on end. Aren't you curious too?

By the way, as predicted Irma wasn't nearly as devastating as meteorologists had thought until a few days before landfall. They then changed their forecasts, but the media pretended to be unaware so as to retain viewers via ramping fear. World stock markets surged on Monday as a consequence.
    "As of September 14, the hurricane has caused at least 81 deaths, including 43 in the Caribbean and 38 in the United States."

Hardly "just a drop of rain" though was it?

I guess this thread shows how far we have come

A Bomb is detonated on a london train ( yes it failed to detonate properly, yes it was a rather crude device, but that shouldnt matter )

It has all become rather " normal " now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

A Bomb is detonated on a london train ( yes it failed to detonate properly, yes it was a rather crude device, but that shouldnt matter )

Another thing we can blame muslims for.

Not all of them obviously.

Just the nawty ones.

"As of September 14, the hurricane has caused at least 81 deaths, including 43 in the Caribbean and 38 in the United States."

Hardly "just a drop of rain" though was it?
    Not to act all smart, but it actually saved lives. The reduction in travel via cars, bus' led to far less deaths in comparison to the average.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

and that's how disturbing its become brother
    where a bomb going off has become the norm

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    and that's how disturbing its become brother
    where a bomb going off has become the norm
    Brother

SuperBluebirds91

That tube station is the one before Putney Bridge (Fulham) so less than a week ago many Bluebirds and Fulham fans were going through that station! Scary.