+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting take on Bale's problems at Madrid....

Interesting take on Bale's problems at Madrid....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...world-football

Seems his struggles are now reflected in recent appearances for Wales.

Re: Interesting take on Bale's problems at Madrid....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...world-football

Seems his struggles are now reflected in recent appearances for Wales.
    It is an interesting piece and we have debated GB on here many times.

That is a theme Santiago Segurola, a columnist with Diario AS, picks up on too: "He's a very particular, peculiar player—very British in a Latin world with its different ways. He doesn't have a feeling for the game. He doesn't have vision or an understanding of space. He can't find solutions in small spaces."

I will agree that Bale thrives on a "more British" type of game, end to end but an additional important factor is the language.
    If he was fluent in Spanish (let's face it after four years he should be) then he may well have endeared himself more to the fans.

It's all very simple as far as Bale is concerned for me - does he still have that blistering acceleration or not? They can talk about how he has "struggled to adapt his buccaneering game to the slower rhythms of La Liga" all they like, but real pace applied properly (like Bale has done for most of his career over the past six or seven years) can kill even the best teams.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's all very simple as far as Bale is concerned for me - does he still have that blistering acceleration or not? They can talk about how he has "struggled to adapt his buccaneering game to the slower rhythms of La Liga" all they like, but real pace applied properly (like Bale has done for most of his career over the past six or seven years) can kill even the best teams.
    Haven't seen him do it for a while.
    It doesn't seem he's really shook off the injury he suffered before the Champions League Final.

Throughout Gareth Bales career he has always had a clear summer of rest. In which he can train and rest and think about the new season.

I think Gareth Bale pushed himself too far in the euros with Wales, I don't believe he was 100% in that tournament, and i don't believe he has been 100% fit since. The problem is that once he comes back for Real Madrid they play him, perhaps too early in my mind, and whenever Wales has a game he is available.

Real Madrid now having options may do Gareth a favor, missing a few games here and there may do him the world of good, him easing his way back into Real Madrid games, a brief cameo here and there and finally working his way back into the first team. A bit of rest before the Wales games in October might be great for us as well.

I believe that when Bale is right he is still one of the best players in the world.

He would be a big fish in any UK side, he's a smaller fish in a bigger pool of talent at Madrid ,he's slightly one footed , plays alongside of the greatest multi talented players ever seen on a football field , it must be tough.

Come home son Jose loves you , number 7 at Utd is up for grabs, so is the left wing back spot , sadly its bench for you at the City at the moment though, until you prove yourself in the ways of the Warnock .

He could do with a decent break I reckon, he's battling for a place with Real, seemingly having to prove himself over & over again, then every couple of months he teams up with Wales and the hopes of a nation are on his shoulders. Must be mentally draining as well as the physical side of brushing off niggling injuries in order to stay in the picture at his club and not become a forgotten man. I'd have thought he'd have mastered Spanish though, in my opinion that should have been a priority, suprised Real didn't insist on it.

Reckon he will have had enough soon and move to one of the Manchester clubs.

We have two absolutely massive games coming up where we need Bale to play a big role. Whatever is happening at Madrid, he has enough critics and we need to support him fully.

I fully support him 100% but I'm worried his legs have gone :-(