+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite City game in the Championship since our promotion in 2003

Re: Favourite City game in the Championship since our promotion in 2003

So many of them - in chronolgical order;-

03/04 - City 3 Stoke 1 featuring two superb, and totally contrasting, goals by Earnie.
    05/06 - Got to be one from the Koumas season, I'll go for Sheffield Wednesday 1 Cardiff 3.
    06/07 - Some great performances early on that season, but Chopra's hat trick in the 3-2 win over Leicester when we weren't playing so well was the best I've ever seen.
    08/09 - The bottlers were capable of some great performances, but I'll go for what was a poor 0-0 until we scored with fifteen minutes to go - I really thought we were going up after Cardiff 3 Burnley 1.
    09/10 - The Play Off Semi Final against Leicester was like no other game I'd seen, but the 2-1 league win over them when we held on with ten men and the most makeshift back four ever was a truly memorable game.
    10/11 - Cardiff 4 Doncaster 0 (I never thought I'd ever see someone like Craig Bellamy making one debut, let alone two, for us) and Swansea 0 Cardiff 1, a great late goal to win a game which I was convinced would produce the first league double in City v Jacks history.
    11/12 - When we stuffed Champions Reading 3-1.
    12/13 - Great hat trick by Whitts and an excellent debut by Craig Noone in a 3-1 win over Wolves.
    15/16 - Cardiff 4 Brighton 1 - Brighton's local rag called us "stylish", I still can't believe that word was ever applied to us under Russell Slade's management!
    16/17 - Cardiff 2 Fulham 2 - The complete contrast in styles made for a fascinating, and very entertaining, game.
    17/18 - Cardiff 3 Villa 0 - So enjoyable because it came as such a surprise, could have finished 8-0 but for their keeper.

The roar craig Belllamy got against Doncaster in 2010 for that free kick was something else.
    I let out a massive roar too, which was a bit embarrassing as at the time I was on duty in full Police uniform 😃

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot..._1/9103978.stm

Unquestionably this for me. Elland Rd - 2010 live on sky - totally humiliated them - played some beautiful stuff