+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our fixtures vs Leeds fixtures

Our fixtures vs Leeds fixtures

Our opponents do far are on average in 10th place, Leeds' opponents so far in 17th.

They have had a pretty easy set of early fixtures.

It continues today v Millwall in 19th whilst we play Sheff Weds who are 6th

Re: Our fixtures vs Leeds fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Our opponents do far are on average in 10th place, Leeds' opponents so far in 17th.

They have had a pretty easy set of early fixtures.

It continues today v Millwall in 19th whilst we play Sheff Weds who are 6th
    After today they face Ipswich, us, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Sheffield Utd, Middlesbrough and Wolves by the end of November. That's 6 of the current top 9. Now, some might say that it doesn't matter when games get played, but having an easy start must be good for confidence.

I think Warnock's comment that if we're in the top 4 by the end of October we've got a good chance of making the playoffs is right, but with fixtures easing off a bit in November and December, I reckon that if we're within touching distance by Christmas, Vinnie gets the chequebook out and we'll be having a dabble at automatic. Tough though.

Re: Our fixtures vs Leeds fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    After today they face Ipswich, us, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Sheffield Utd, Middlesbrough and Wolves by the end of November. That's 6 of the current top 9. Now, some might say that it doesn't matter when games get played, but having an easy start must be good for confidence.

I think Warnock's comment that if we're in the top 4 by the end of October we've got a good chance of making the playoffs is right, but with fixtures easing off a bit in November and December, I reckon that if we're within touching distance by Christmas, Vinnie gets the chequebook out and we'll be having a dabble at automatic. Tough though.
    I've not heard of any team being in with a good chance of anything come October, but this is Cardiff where people get a little carried away.

The table is still a form guide, basically the opening post says that Leeds are playing teams out of form, and Cardiff are playing teams with a bit more form. Some teams take time to settle, some teams settle very early (as Cardiff have done). The OP is reading a bit too much into the fixtures at this stage and I don't think anything can be gauged from the quality of opposition based on an embryonic league table.

What we can say, though, is that Cardiff will be a tough team to beat - ignore Preston, Cardiff could be top of the Premier League with 15 Champions Leagues under their belt and travel to a Conference North Preston North End in the FA Cup, and I'd back Preston every time because Cardiff never get anything at Deepdale.