+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Long haul direct flights to Qatar from Cardiff

Long haul direct flights to Qatar from Cardiff

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is a massive coup for CWL, Welsh Government and the whole region as a whole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41257924

I'm hoping this will finally bring about direct road and rail links to the airport, plus an extension of the Terminal Building.

Bristol airport will be seething

Re: Long haul direct flights to Qatar from Cardiff

Agreed Arfur.

Work is starting to upgrade 5 Mile Lane early next year. I know that a new direct M4 junction/link is being looked at again but as always it comes down to money. Perhaps that Cardiff City region thing can sort it

Good news for me, I live in Qatar!!

Hopefully this is the start. I swear someone must have been taking a bung to mismanage Cardiff airport for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is a massive coup for CWL, Welsh Government and the whole region as a whole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41257924

I'm hoping this will finally bring about direct road and rail links to the airport, plus an extension of the Terminal Building.

Bristol airport will be seething
    Qatar Airways will be long gone from Rhoose before the Red Rosette has finished their endless inquiries into proposed routes on how to get from the airport gates to the terminal building. Bristol Airport will reap the reward and develop the business once the incompetence of the Red Rosette has been given a world stage to expose their lunacy governing Wales.

You must already be forgetting the M4 fiasco Arfur, which has taken another twist during the past week

Edit:, can i blame brexit before ETHB does

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Qatar Airways will be long gone from Rhoose before the Red Rosette has finished their endless inquiries into proposed routes on how to get from the airport gates to the terminal building. Bristol Airport will reap the reward and develop the business once the incompetence of the Red Rosette has been given a world stage to expose their lunacy governing Wales.

You must already be forgetting the M4 fiasco Arfur, which has taken another twist during the past week

Edit:, can i blame brexit before ETHB does
    Would you be happy to see CWL fail just to be able to bash the Red Rosette (as you put it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would you be happy to see CWL fail just to be able to bash the Red Rosette (as you put it)?
    What a bizarre thing to say , i did a trip to Poland last week, why would i not want to be able to fly from my local airport instead of driving to birmingham at 03.30 in the morning to get the flight, then having to drive back on the return, I would like a government who can deliver projects in South Wales, to enable me to use local services, you appear to be well happy with the Red Rosette record on local infrastructure, that's your prerogative. 27 years and counting, and the Red Rosette are still wondering which is the best route. whether you like it or not (and i don't), traffic volume will increase over the foreseeable future, doing nothing but wasting £££ on inquiries that produce nothing but further inquiries isn't going to solve it, the Red Rosette has had enough time to plan for the future and has failed miserably, I would like to see an alternative be given a chance at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashi83 View Post
    Good news for me, I live in Qatar!!
    Was mentioned on here when it was announced a few months ago. Flown to India with them a bout 10 years ago, classy airline. Suddenly the world and the Far East are finally accessible without going to London. Big time. Don't think the road link is so important to be honest, it's never busy at the moment is it? A rail link with a terminal by the airport us the one and there is a line to rhoose is there not? Surely it could be extended by a mile?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was mentioned on here when it was announced a few months ago. Flown to India with them a bout 10 years ago, classy airline. Suddenly the world and the Far East are finally accessible without going to London. Big time. Don't think the road link is so important to be honest, it's never busy at the moment is it? A rail link with a terminal by the airport us the one and there is a line to rhoose is there not? Surely it could be extended by a mile?
    You need to try the rail link to the airport, I have!!, if it's still going, you have to get a train and a bus!!!!!!!!

I flew from Cardiff last week and it was the busiest I've ever seen it and it was 4am!!