Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
Nathan Blake made a good pint about how Bannan was running the show for them, and how our midfield were caught in 2 mind between closing down and standing off. He suggested Zohore should have dropped onto Bannan, thus restricting his distribution, and our midfield 3 to pick up runners. Seems to make sense to me, Gunnars was useless first half, so lethargic, just marking space, and not really doing anything. He's a much better player when he presses the opposition.

I thought as a team, when we had the ball were so static, no one moves when we have possession, more pass and freeze than pass and move. Bryson was the only one moving and making runs.

Also Zohore was very isolated, I thought he put a decent shift in, however with no support (due to our midfield being over run, and our wingers having to track back to help out the full backs) it was a tough ask. Maybe Tomlin is the answer, get him on the ball, someone who can pass and make themselves available in an advanced position. Allowing Ralls and Gunners to sit deep. The question is do we need 2 sitting deep at home ?

As for Warnock, well considering he has said our bench is so strong, I'm amazed it took till the 82nd minute to bring on Ward and Tomlin, we were crying out for a change of tactics and personnel by then.
Agree about the movement. We've lost that early season high energy. It could partly be confidence. But Neil needs to rotate more. Today felt like a bit of a hangover from Preston and the manager should take some of the blame. Ralls, Gunnar and the front three can't be expected to play every game of the season and deliver optimum levels.

Don't agree with Blake the Bannan was running the show. Wednesday were rubbish really. Ultra conservative. They do have quality in their team with you could see in flashes. We're at our best when we counter so maybe Neil doesn't want the high press all the time?