+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Draw fair result in scrappy game

Draw fair result in scrappy game

Not too much quality on show from anyone and City energy levels and confidence seemed a little lower than at previous home games.

Bennett's distribution was woeful; Bryson put in an effective shift; but where was the ball over the top for Zohore to run on to?

The substitutions were 10 - 15 minutes too late imo.

In truth I went to the game so looking forward to the spectacle in prospect - and I was terribly disappointed. Did we flatter to deceive early on in the season? Have teams worked us out already?

Re: Draw fair result in scrappy game

Pleased with the point but in truth I don't think it was a fair result, weds should've won.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not too much quality on show from anyone and City energy levels and confidence seemed a little lower than at previous home games.

Bennett's distribution was woeful; Bryson put in an effective shift; but where was the ball over the top for Zohore to run on to?

The substitutions were 10 - 15 minutes too late imo.

In truth I went to the game so looking forward to the spectacle in prospect - and I was terribly disappointed. Did we flatter to deceive early on in the season? Have teams worked us out already?
    Your on another planet if you think we deserved anything from that. If we do not start keep possession better we are on a slippery slope to also ranks. KZ is taking the piss as well atm

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Your on another planet if you think we deserved anything from that. If we do not start keep possession better we are on a slippery slope to also ranks. KZ is taking the piss as well atm
    (Reply from Uranus) Wednesday were the better side in the first half. We improved in the second, tho Zohore missed a headed sitter. Ward would've buried it

Wednesday dominated the ball but didn't create very much. Second half with the exception of the Fletcher chance all the efforts were towards the Canton stand. we deserved the draw even though we have played better.

I thought overall we weee the better side. First half they were marginally on top, but mainly playing in circles in their own half.
    2nd half was wave after wave of City attached.

16-8 shot count and 8-2 on target

A point was the minimum we deserved. If we'd got a decision or bounce in the box earlier we could have got all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Wednesday dominated the ball but didn't create very much. Second half with the exception of the Fletcher chance all the efforts were towards the Canton stand. we deserved the draw even though we have played better.
    This ^ Very good passing team, similar to Fulham, but apart from the goal really didn't bother our keeper. It was a scrappy game, we certainly were nowhere near our best, our passing was really poor at times, but we still got a point out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    This ^ Very good passing team, similar to Fulham, but apart from the goal really didn't bother our keeper. It was a scrappy game, we certainly were nowhere near our best, our passing was really poor at times, but we still got a point out of it.
    Difficult to pass it through them when they sat so deep.

2 be half we pushed up and dominated, but not much opportunity to knock it about with 10 men behind the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Difficult to pass it through them when they sat so deep.

2 be half we pushed up and dominated, but not much opportunity to knock it about with 10 men behind the ball

The Sheffield Star Verdict : a draw was a fair result

Blue in the Face

Sheffield Wednesday should change their name to Sheffield Monday because they were pretty crap overall. We weren't great but we were better than them. Think our fans are too used to criticising the team / club innit.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Pleased with the point but in truth I don't think it was a fair result, weds should've won.
    Disagree, look at the shots on goal/target, Wednesday were decent at passing it around but woeful in the final third. City much better chances