+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have refs got something against Morrison

Have refs got something against Morrison

Game after game he gets pulled and pushed and nothing given, yet each time he gives something back he gets penalised. Clear penalty at Newcastle, another good shout at Fulham and 2 possibles today. None given. Sheff Wed defender jumps into him, comes off 2nd best, free kick to Sheffield.
    And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have to say though, he was immense in the air today, won everything, fast becoming a big favourite with me. Absolutely dominant week after week in the air - and up against a striker today who is one of the best in the air- Fletcher.

A bit shaky at Fulham, against a very quick and mobile strike force, but apart from that he's been superb this season . Even then he gave everything to keep them out

Re: Have refs got something against Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Game after game he gets pulled and pushed and nothing given, yet each time he gives something back he gets penalised. Clear penalty at Newcastle, another good shout at Fulham and 2 possibles today. None given. Sheff Wed defender jumps into him, comes off 2nd best, free kick to Sheffield.
    And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have to say though, he was immense in the air today, won everything, fast becoming a big favourite with me. Absolutely dominant week after week in the air - and up against a striker today who is one of the best in the air- Fletcher.

A bit shaky at Fulham, against a very quick and mobile strike force, but apart from that he's been superb this season . Even then he gave everything to keep them out
    When will we get a pen?2or three good calls today nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    When will we get a pen?2or three good calls today nothing.
    Perhaps when a referee has deemed that there has been a foul in the box against a Cardiff attacker?

It was probert today wasn't it? I thought he didn't do too bad by his standards. Missed a few pretty obvious shirt pulls on our players, also missed a glaring two handed shove on one of theirs.

Morrison gave everything in the last five mins. He was battered and still got his head to everything. Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Morrison gave everything in the last five mins. He was battered and still got his head to everything. Warrior.
    Man of the match.Gave everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Headed one with his ear as well and got up and went for the next one. I can tell you from experience that bloody hurts 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It was probert today wasn't it? I thought he didn't do too bad by his standards. Missed a few pretty obvious shirt pulls on our players, also missed a glaring two handed shove on one of theirs.
    Probert was very poor today and he had a nightmare with missing so many pushes and shirt tugs plus a strong penalty shout when Mendez-Laing was shoved to the ground. Another ref bigger than his boots.

Morrison' distribution was pretty good today as well. I thought he was by far our best defender today. I'm normally a big fan of Peltier but he struggled today maybe the early yellow card curtailed him.

Also if Zohore is feeling a bit let down by the poor support provided by his team mates today I suggest somebody shows him a video of Swansea's 'attack' as there's only 1 player within 40 yards of Swansea's only striker - now that's a lonely furrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Probert was also the one who refused to give us a penalty at Liverpool away, we had several good shouts, but the one where Skrtyl wrestles Campbell to the ground after Campbell got in front of him for a cross or corner was the worst decision of the season

While agreeing that Probert was yet another ref who had no sympathy whatsoever towards Morrison in his challenges, or should that be wrestling matches, with defenders (the one outside the penalty area in the first half when Morrison contested a high ball was as clear a foul as you're ever likely to see), I thought he wasn't too bad overall.

To me, he got all of our penalty shouts right and he only penalised "Warnock's cloggers" on five occasions in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    While agreeing that Probert was yet another ref who had no sympathy whatsoever towards Morrison in his challenges, or should that be wrestling matches, with defenders (the one outside the penalty area in the first half when Morrison contested a high ball was as clear a foul as you're ever likely to see), I thought he wasn't too bad overall.

To me, he got all of our penalty shouts right and he only penalised "Warnock's cloggers" on five occasions in the whole game.
    Fair as in got it wrong several times for both teams. First half gave everything to them, 2nd half everything to us.

Maybe Warnock gave him a roasting at half time too.

All 4 penalty shouts were at the Canton End, so fans in there would maybe have had a better view than me, but from reactions from the crowd and in real time at least one for each of NML and Morrison looked strong shouts and the other 2 most likely not.

Would like to see them again

I'm in the Canton and even though I'm known to optimistically call for penalties I didn't spot any yesterday.

What frustrated me was Wednesday clearly identified Morrison as a threat from Gunnarsson's long throws so crowded him out rather than blatantly fouled him. I would have liked us to vary things a bit more.

Regarding Probert he was the typical demoted Ref as he's not good enough for that level (very few are). The one decision he didn't make which made me laugh was late in the first half when Wednesday cleared a corner to Peltier. He knocked it passed the out rushing defender who went to ground and cleaned out Peltier but no foul was given.

Probert was also the one who refused to give us a penalty at Liverpool away, we had several good shouts, but the one where Skrtyl wrestles Campbell to the ground after Campbell got in front of him for a cross or corner was the worst decision of the season
    Probert hates us

Morrison was man of the match yesterday for me. To the people who criticise him for being slow should watch how he dealt with Hooper and Fletcher yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'm in the Canton and even though I'm known to optimistically call for penalties I didn't spot any yesterday.

What frustrated me was Wednesday clearly identified Morrison as a threat from Gunnarsson's long throws so crowded him out rather than blatantly fouled him. I would have liked us to vary things a bit more.

Regarding Probert he was the typical demoted Ref as he's not good enough for that level (very few are). The one decision he didn't make which made me laugh was late in the first half when Wednesday cleared a corner to Peltier. He knocked it passed the out rushing defender who went to ground and cleaned out Peltier but no foul was given.
    The first penalty shout was never in a million years. Second on ML was from my view

Etoo's goal for me. One of many that the big teams got that we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Etoo's goal for me. One of many that the big teams got that we didn't.
    👍

My work is done 😂

My work is done ��
    First time in three games that Morrison has been fouled in the penalty box but the first time the penalty has been given. For me the previous two penalty claims were clearer pens. than the one given today.

My work is done 
    I was just thinking of this thread as you resurrected it. Good work!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    First time in three games that Morrison has been fouled in the penalty box but the first time the penalty has been given. For me the previous two penalty claims were clearer pens. than the one given today.
    True. It's getting seriously annoying now. It's been every game. It happened a bunch last season too.