+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another sub 20,000 crowd

Another sub 20,000 crowd

I appreciate Tan has done a lot of really great things since he came to the club, and I'm wondering why the public aren't turning up in droves to back his brilliance?

Re: Another sub 20,000 crowd

While you were away, this was already discussed 4,768 times.

About 19,000 people fancied watching us play today. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    About 19,000 people fancied watching us play today. It's as simple as that.
    Do you think that the club would have had a few more thousands a few years ago? It's a pretty dismal attendance considering
    a) Tan is a genius
    b) Warnock is a tactical mastermind
    c) Cardiff were second
    d) Tickets were being sold when the club boasted a 100% record.
    e) Sheffield Wednesday are a potential promotion challenger.

I wonder what the break-even figure is these days? I'm sure Since62 has asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Do you think that the club would have had a few more thousands a few years ago? It's a pretty dismal attendance considering
    a) Tan is a genius
    b) Warnock is a tactical mastermind
    c) Cardiff were second
    d) Tickets were being sold when the club boasted a 100% record.
    e) Sheffield Wednesday are a potential promotion challenger.

I wonder what the break-even figure is these days? I'm sure Since62 has asked the question.
    How many fans are we down and why?

Take out the Wednesday fans and only around 16,000 Cardiff supporters rocked up.

The best plan to put bums on seats is for the club to give ST so many seats each for a fiver. If that is a success (doubtful), it is proof positive that City fans are simply cheapskates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Take out the Wednesday fans and only around 16,000 Cardiff supporters rocked up.

The best plan to put bums on seats is for the club to give ST so many seats each for a fiver. If that is a success (doubtful), it is proof positive that City fans are simply cheapskates.
    I've seen the ticket prices. They're actually very very good. In fact, I don't think anyone can claim that Cardiff are expensive to follow in comparison to other Championship and, even, League 1 clubs.

It's slightly more dismal if your point that there were over 2,000 away fans at the game is correct. I wasn't there, so will wait to see if others agree. If your point is correct, though, 16,000 fans for a clash such as this must have the very brilliant Vincent Tan scratching his head wondering why crowds are so poor.

I've seen the ticket prices. They're actually very very good. In fact, I don't think anyone can claim that Cardiff are expensive to follow in comparison to other Championship and, even, League 1 clubs.

It's slightly more dismal if your point that there were over 2,000 away fans at the game is correct. I wasn't there, so will wait to see if others agree. If your point is correct, though, 16,000 fans for a clash such as this must have the very brilliant Vincent Tan scratching his head wondering why crowds are so poor.
    So why are the crowds poor and how many fans short are we?

The best plan to put bums on seats is for the club to give ST holders so many seats each for a fiver. If that is a success (doubtful), it is proof positive that City fans are simply cheapskates.
    Blame that omission on alcohol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's a real mystery innit

Blame that omission on alcohol.....
    I don't think that plan is feasible, especially because ST holders don't like people having a sustained period of watching games for a lower price than they paid. Quite rightly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It's a real mystery innit
    It was a bit rainy today.

It was a bit rainy today.
    Yeah, I think that's it :thunbup:

In the glory years from 1975 to 2000 we averaged less than 10,000 per game.
    What's your point?

I don't think that plan is feasible, especially because ST holders don't like people having a sustained period of watching games for a lower price than they paid. Quite rightly too.
    I think they should give it a whirl. I'm a ST holder and I don't mind fans watching a game for a cut-price fiver - mainly 'cos I pay less than most anyway.

BTW during our last promo season the average crowd was almost 22.3K. At 16,000, we have lost more than 20% of our fans in five years.

Can someone just say its because Tan is a **** and he ****** everything up and now everything is ****
    We could have Mr Shirt satisfied and wrap this up in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Can someone just say its because Tan is a **** and he ****** everything up and now everything is ****
    But I also want to know how many fans we are short.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's a well-known fact that Cardiff and its surrounding area is economically bereft - and will be even worse off after Brexit. As to your second point, the Welsh have always been on the short side, as a visit to St Fagans will confirm

I think they should give it a whirl. I'm a ST holder and I don't mind fans watching a game for a cut-price fiver - mainly 'cos I pay less than most anyway.

BTW during our last promo season the average crowd was almost 22.3K. At 16,000, we have lost more than 20% of our fans in five years.
    Cardiff's averages since moving to the new stadium
    09-10 19,413
    10-11 22,091
    11-12 22,139
    12-13 22,296
    13-14 27,430
    14-15 20,945
    15-16 16,463
    16-17 16,564
    17-18 19,850

A couple of big away followings in that figure (Villa, Wednesday). Leeds and Derby at home next, and I'll be surprised if the crowds are still below 20,000 for those two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I think Tan is brilliant for the club, and I think you should be a bit more grateful to him.

A couple of big away followings in that figure (Villa, Wednesday). Leeds and Derby at home next, and I'll be surprised if the crowds are still below 20,000 for those two games.
    Me too. For the benefit of those who bleat about low attendances and don't actually go themselves, CC have introduced a new 'Reward' scheme. At halftime, ST fans are randomly picked, their details are flashed up and they are rewarded with special offers, like match shirts and complimentary tickets. Today, 500 fans received four complimentary tickets for the Leeds game.

Me too. For the benefit of those who bleat about low attendances and don't actually go themselves, CC have introduced a new 'Reward' scheme. At halftime, ST fans are randomly picked, their details are flashed up and they are rewarded with special offers, like match shirts and complimentary tickets. Today, 500 fans received four complimentary tickets for the Leeds game.
    See, already the crowd is up to 18,000 home fans.

See, already the crowd is up to 18,000 home fans.
    And you need to factor in the Leeds contingent of course....

And you need to factor in the Leeds contingent of course....
    Millennium Stadium?

Millennium Stadium?
    Where's that then?