+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What has happened to Matt Connolly?

What has happened to Matt Connolly?

Just over a year ago he was deservedly our player of the season. I would say that, during the Russell Slade era, he was probably our best defender. He also did well enough as a full back in our Championship winning season.

This season he can't get a look in on the bench. Wonder if whether it's just a case of Warnock not really rating him or whether something is going on behind the scenes?

Re: What has happened to Matt Connolly?

Injured.

He has recovered fron injury now but with our strong squad cant now get on the bench even.

Ok. I hadn't read that. He played against Burton and hadn't been seen since.

Update: Found an article on Walesonline from Sept 8th which Warnock says he is fit and raring to go.

I have it on good authority that first Connolly and then Halford were sent out to look for Fred and neither have been seen since. Apparently Ken Chew and the Turkish feller are now deciding whether to cut their losses or to send Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I have it on good authority that first Connolly and then Halford were sent out to look for Fred and neither have been seen since. Apparently Ken Chew and the Turkish feller are now deciding whether to cut their losses or to send Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It must be time for the Fred Guonongbe True Believers Society (those of us who believe he exists) to issue the 'I saw Fred Guonongbe miss' tee shirts - an ironic homage to the 'I saw Ronnie Moore score' tributes.

Fred will be a staple of future football pub quizzes. 'What was the last medical update on Fred from Neil Warnock? Answer: Rhys and Kareem are now in light training!'

He is already more of a cult figure than Dave and Eddie, and fast catching up on Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It must be time for the Fred Guonongbe True Believers Society (those of us who believe he exists) to issue the 'I saw Fred Guonongbe miss' tee shirts - an ironic homage to the 'I saw Ronnie Moore score' tributes.

Fred will be a staple of future football pub quizzes. 'What was the last medical update on Fred from Neil Warnock? Answer: Rhys and Kareem are now in light training!'

He is already more of a cult figure thanDave, and fast catching up on Leo.
    Whatever happened to that decorator that was given the job of being in charge of recruitment? Has he been seen alive in years?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whatever happened to that decorator that was given the job of being in charge of recruitment? Has he been seen alive in years?
    He's in the same cupboard as Fred in the bowels of the CCS.