+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing - best fight of the year?

Boxing - best fight of the year?

Forget about that farce a few weeks back this has to be the biggest one of the year between GGG and Alvarez.
    Who are you all backing?
    Alvarez for me.

Re: Boxing - best fight of the year?

Ggggggggg

What time is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    What time is it on?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+time+does+...varez+start%3F

Desperate to find out the time I actually went through with that but unfortunately found the first load of answers were dirty, stinking tabloids, which I refuse to click.

So, does anyone know what time this fight starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Desperate to find out the time I actually went through with that but unfortunately found the first load of answers were dirty, stinking tabloids, which I refuse to click.

So, does anyone know what time this fight starts?
    Scheduled for 3am, could be as late as 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Scheduled for 3am, could be as late as 4.
    Ok cheers. I'll be waking up to the result then.

Anyone got a stream?

Disgraceful.

110-118 wtf!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    110-118 wtf!
    A simply ridiculous score by this judge.
    GGG won ,albeit by a small margin, as he was the aggressor throughout the bout and landed more punches.
    I can fully understand if one of the judges had given it, marginally, to Canello as he started and finished the fight with a flourish and probably put together the more eye catching combinations and was obviously competitive throughout. However, and the stats back it up, there was clearly only one winner in my eyes and it seems most pundits.
    Money talks , especially in Las Vegas, so a rematch it will be . Not that I am suggesting in any way , manner or form that the result was somehow manufactured to extend the income stream from this event.

The judge who scored it 118 to 110 for Alverez should be drug tested and never be allowed near boxing again.
    As for the fight, it was top drawer. GGG is relentless. Think Alverez was genuinely surprised he escaped with a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    A simply ridiculous score by this judge.
    GGG won ,albeit by a small margin, as he was the aggressor throughout the bout and landed more punches.
    I can fully understand if one of the judges had given it, marginally, to Canello as he started and finished the fight with a flourish and probably put together the more eye catching combinations and was obviously competitive throughout. However, and the stats back it up, there was clearly only one winner in my eyes and it seems most pundits.
    Money talks , especially in Las Vegas, so a rematch it will be . Not that I am suggesting in any way , manner or form that the result was somehow manufactured to extend the income stream from this event.
    He should be made to sit down by the boxing council and explain how he gave 10 rounds to Canelo and only two to GGG. Disgraceful score card. How he seen that a 118-110 fight to Canelo is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    He should be made to sit down by the boxing council and explain how he gave 10 rounds to Canelo and only two to GGG. Disgraceful score card. How he seen that a 118-110 fight to Canelo is beyond me.
    He was a she

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    He was a she
    She was the same judge that scored Bernard Hopkins ahead against calzaghe, making it a split decision.