+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our attendaces really that bad?

Our attendaces really that bad?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/c...ip/attendances

Not to bad and certainly not worth crying about ?

Re: Our attendaces really that bad?

We've had a sustained period of relative success stretching well over 10 years. It would be nice to see crowds around the 25000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We've had a sustained period of relative success stretching well over 10 years. It would be nice to see crowds around the 25000 mark.
    I agree, NYC, it's a modern, comfortable stadium, relatively easy to get to and park the car. I think under 20K is disappointing.

Our home crowds suffer from poor away support compared to other clubs ....and villa will take large followings everywhere

First Team

Our crowds are ok.
    I think that some people have unrealistic expectations of how large our fan base is. This aspect of the club has been brought up several times over the years on here and a couple of posters have produced some compelling numbers which showed, outside of one small period ,we are not capable of consistently drawing large crowds when compared to other clubs.
    With all that has gone on in the last few years allied to the economic climate we are attracting the type of crowds I would expect. We will pack the place for the glamour games if we maintain a promotion challenging position otherwise it will remain in the mid teens for the majority of fixtures I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Our crowds are ok.
    I think that some people have unrealistic expectations of how large our fan base is. This aspect of the club has been brought up several times over the years on here and a couple of posters have produced some compelling numbers which showed, outside of one small period ,we are not capable of consistently drawing large crowds when compared to other clubs.
    With all that has gone on in the last few years allied to the economic climate we are attracting the type of crowds I would expect. We will pack the place for the glamour games if we maintain a promotion challenging position otherwise it will remain in the mid teens for the majority of fixtures I would imagine.
    I agree, yes we have had a good ten years, but the general direction on the field of play has been a downward one in the past five years and there have also been profound issues off it in that time which have also influenced how the club is perceived - all things considered, I don't think it was too bad a crowd.