+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Definitely a point gained on a day when the lack of creativity at Cardiff City is exposed.

Definitely a point gained on a day when the lack of creativity at Cardiff City is exposed.

Re: Definitely a point gained on a day when the lack of creativity at Cardiff City is exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's maybe worth noting that, as on fire as Zohore, Mendez-Laing and Hoilett were earlier in the season, and I'm sure we agree that when they were on song they were formidable, it's been 4 league games since any of them created a goal from open play (other than Hoilett charging down the keeper's clearance against QPR). Admittedly, against QPR, we should have scored a hatful. But, since the international break, none of those players have looked the same as they did before the break. Part of that is down to the rest of the team misfiring and not supplying them with enough ammunition, but there is a malaise about the team in general that will, no doubt, vanish and all will seem right again, then will return when we don't expect it!

Re: Definitely a point gained on a day when the lack of creativity at Cardiff City is exposed.

NML claimed an assist yesterday I believe.

Clearly there's been a dip in form though. Although we can't really expect them to be on fire every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    NML claimed an assist yesterday I believe.

Clearly there's been a dip in form though. Although we can't really expect them to be on fire every week.
    Yes, I hadn't forgotten about that. I was thinking about open play, like when we tore teams apart earlier in the season.

Ward's header at Fulham is the only goal we've created from open play since Mendez-Laing's winner at Molineux (not counting Hoilett's against QPR as being creative!!)

I enjoyed yesterday's game particularly the second half, Wednesday (goal aside and one golden chance) despite all their possession lacked penetration and Etheridge was almost a spectator. I agree we didn't do much from open play and the amount of times we had to check our runs with the ball going forward was startling, the lack of options ahead was limited. This got me thinking that a subtle change in formation by bringing in Ward alongside or just behind Zohore would give us another dimension. I also thought that Bryson showed some glimpses of what he can bring when fully fit. Taking Preston as a bad day at the office I do believe we are a tough side to beat.
    I am happy with we we are at the moment and fully deserve our third spot we now have a week to regather and hopefully return to the confidence we had first 5 games. Glass still half full !