+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket holders loaning out cards - does it happen a lot?

Season ticket holders loaning out cards - does it happen a lot?

Around me, there are loadsa names under seats, but the occupants seem to change every match.

One case study - a good looking woman took a selfie of herself and the bottom of her seat (involved contortions) at the first home game - and we ain't seen her since (an' I would have noticed, believe me), tho the seat is occupied.

Does this happen a lot?

Re: Season ticket holders loaning out cards - does it happen a lot?

YES

In which case, one might conclude that our fan base is far bigger than we might assume from ST sales - and also (more interestingly) many fans have alternative interests/events on match-days that take precedence over watching City.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In which case, one might conclude that our fan base is far bigger than we might assume from ST sales - and also (more interestingly) many fans have alternative interests/events on match-days that take precedence over watching City.
    Could also conclude many of those "borrowing" cards turn up as a freebie when mate can't make it to the game, which would mean they've little to no interest in contributing to the cub.

Me and my partner haven't been able to go for the last few weeks and have lent our season tickets out as it's better than going to waste.

I work offshore, give my season ticket to my mate to use as he sees fit, miss more than 50% of the games, rather someone be there than an empty seat.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I work offshore, give my season ticket to my mate to use as he sees fit, miss more than 50% of the games, rather someone be there than an empty seat.
    Same here. Buy a season ticket (or two) to SUPPORT my club....attend the away games...come to home games whenever I get a chance.
    Leave season tickets with good friends that go anyway that I totally trust that live in Cardiff.
    They can and do take friends that would normally not go.
    Everyones a winner.

The club (who station stewards watching every turn-stile to check that the fan matches the profile on the ticket) clearly don't condone the practice - for obvious reasons. And just to be clear, I'm not criticizing the practice - I gave my 13-y-o son my ticket last season and he got in - albeit after a warning!

It would be interesting if photos of the ST holders were flashed up over turnstiles when their tickets were used.

Haven't read the T&C associated with STs, btw

The club (who station stewards watching every turn-stile to check that the fan matches the profile on the ticket) clearly don't condone the practice - for obvious reasons. And just to be clear, I'm not criticizing the practice - I gave my 13-y-o son my ticket last season and he got in - albeit after a warning!

It would be interesting if photos of the ST holders were flashed up over turnstiles when their tickets were used.

Haven't read the T&C associated with STs, btw

This is why it is so wrong, how come the posh rich f uckers can buy season tickets and invite who they like onto level 3 yet we can't lone out our season tickets.

Just imagine what damage a pissed up nutter (and it has happened), could do on level 3, near the directors box, yet they can be invited whilly nilly

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is why it is so wrong, how come the posh rich f uckers can buy season tickets and invite who they like onto level 3 yet we can't lone out our season tickets.

Just imagine what damage a pissed up nutter (and it has happened), could do on level 3, near the directors box, yet they can be invited whilly nilly
    Possibly because those poshos buy a ST which has the ability to invite others, ie covered in the price?

ST holders loan out a card, it's depriving the club of potential income ie that person isn't buying a ticket. Of course, they'd not bother coming to games if they couldn't get in for free...

You could argue loaning a card helps to attract a new purchase , I would suggest if you did loan it out just ensure that individual doesn't take advantage by only going if thier attendance is only predicated on your free kind offer,and tell them so we need investment and meaningful support.

The 99 pound offer is a wonderful deal ,plus the £5 a ticket for season ticket holders for selected games .

The club is doing very well by fans with these offers , perhaps the public should respond as they do for Wales for example.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You could argue loaning a card helps to attract a new purchase , I would suggest if you did loan it out just ensure that individual doesn't take advantage by only going if thier attendance is only predicated on your free kind offer,and tell them so we need investment and meaningful support.

The 99 pound offer is a wonderful deal ,plus the £5 a ticket for season ticket holders for selected games .

The club is doing very well by fans with these offers , perhaps the public should respond as they do for Wales for example.
    Fair play to Tan (I would be wound down, or 6 feet under by his stage of life) as a long term strategy is needed and that's what's being implemented.

We need more people to get hooked as the draw of the top 6 has never been easier to follow

Around me, there are loadsa names under seats, but the occupants seem to change every match.

One case study - a good looking woman took a selfie of herself and the bottom of her seat (involved contortions) at the first home game - and we ain't seen her since (an' I would have noticed, believe me), tho the seat is occupied.

Does this happen a lot?
    Defo, I haven't missed a game for 3 seasons now using others cards

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Defo, I haven't missed a game for 3 seasons now using others cards
    If it keeps you off here for 90 minutes, I'll buy you a season ticket myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Gave my tickets to 2 mates on level 3 as I was dropping of step daughter to Reading University yesterday.
    Had to pay £120 to watch the second half for myself and partner as we managed to get back early.
    Far from posh , maybe work hard Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Gave my tickets to 2 mates on level 3 as I was dropping of step daughter to Reading University yesterday.
    Had to pay £120 to watch the second half for myself and partner as we managed to get back early.
    You have no mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You have no mates.
    Associates.

You have no mates.
    Hang on....forgot this :

Associates.

You have no mates.
    Going to Oz AT xmas , leaving my tickets to Nugent and a mate , guess you wont want them .

Blog Entries

Going to Oz AT xmas , leaving my tickets to Nugent and Mrs R , guess you wont want them .
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    FYP

Going to Oz AT xmas , leaving my tickets to Nugent and a mate , guess you wont want them .
    I'll get my brakes done at Kwikfit in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Poor effort in the continuing bullying Mr. Billy Big B@llox. A 3 out of 10. Very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post