+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saturday Game And The Previous 2 Results

Saturday Game And The Previous 2 Results

I think a lot of folk are searching for the answer to our dip in points and results and although I felt the world was caving in at half time on Saturday , I have now had time to reflect and sober up and my thoughts are :

We played three very good sides two were away
    Teams have worked us out ( ie stop Zohore supply ) need to change tactics better/quicker in the game
    Wednesday were a highly organised side and new how to nullify and keep possession but did not beat us .
    On Saturday we were too late bringing Tomlin and Ward on
    Other than Preston we showed steel and fight to come back which show great spirit
    On Saturday I though our forwards didn't have the zip and our midfield and defense were 10 yards too far back.
    Defense is not 100% sure of the keeper and that creates uncertainly his distribution is not great.
    We were are lumping the ball high and Zohore is no Peter Thorne in terms of heading,holding.
    Zohore needs better service ie slotting it down the channels ,and is is heavily man marked now.
    Need a Tomlin type player on the field to create something different
    Manga has to play in some capacity I'd play him in a back 3
    Bryson looks a good player ,so he would play,and we rest someone
    We need to rotate more ,be braver with team picks ,and substitutes
    Need Patterson in the team asap ( if he has the form he showed in Scotland )

Other than that we have done very well more than anyone could expect , love a good result on Saturday and were still level with that bunch from Yorkshire when we meet ,tasty very tasty .

Re: Saturday Game And The Previous 2 Results

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think a lot of folk are searching for the answer to our dip in points and results and although I felt the world was caving in at half time on Saturday , I have now had time to reflect and sober up and my thoughts are :

We played three very good sides two were away
    Teams have worked us out ( ie stop Zohore supply ) need to change tactics better/quicker in the game
    Wednesday were a highly organised side and new how to nullify and keep possession but did not beat us .
    On Saturday we were too late bringing Tomlin and Ward on
    Other than Preston we showed steel and fight to come back which show great spirit
    On Saturday I though our forwards didn't have the zip and our midfield and defense were 10 yards too far back.
    Defense is not 100% sure of the keeper and that creates uncertainly his distribution is not great.
    We were are lumping the ball high and Zohore is no Peter Thorne in terms of heading,holding.
    Zohore needs better service ie slotting it down the channels ,and is is heavily man marked now.
    Need a Tomlin type player on the field to create something different
    Manga has to play in some capacity I'd play him in a back 3
    Bryson looks a good player ,so he would play,and we rest someone
    We need to rotate more ,be braver with team picks ,and substitutes
    Need Patterson in the team asap ( if he has the form he showed in Scotland )

Other than that we have done very well more than anyone could expect , love a good result on Saturday and were still level with that bunch from Yorkshire when we meet ,tasty very tasty .
    At the moment we are joint top after 7 games so difficult to be critical but i must admit to being a little disappointed when I saw the team sheet before Saturday's game. Loyalty to players is to be commended but a single change after the Preston debacle was playing too safe.
    Some of the players need to be rotated if only to bring more hunger to the squad and rest for some.
    We signed Tomlin as our creative number 10 but it seems that NW is not a total fan.
    Tomlin not only struggles for a start but now seems to be behind Brayson in the utilization of subs.
    Is this a sign that NW is not a firm believer in creative players unless they can also offer more ?
    Our next 3 games do not offer a respite and it is not inconceivable that we could find ourselves out of the top 6.
    I hope I have got this wrong but i do wonder if the start bubble will burst shortly.

Blue in the Face

Not sure distribution is our goalies weakness. I like how he's ambidextrous. Some of his kicking is great. Need more time to evaluate him, but perhaps it is a fair point that our defense isn't trusting him at this point. He looks a bit nervy to me and shows in some of his handling, which I'm making the assumption would normally be a lot better.

I just wonder if Pilkington still has something to offer us. Our wingers have done fantastic overall this season and both of their work rates are excellent. But I'm not sure a clever slide rule pass is a forte for either or them and I feel Big Ken has been suffering as a consequence. Could an on form Pilks do a better job in picking out the big man? I also wonder if Pilks would do better in this side as we now have more pace, so his lack is would be less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Not sure distribution is our goalies weakness. I like how he's ambidextrous. Some of his kicking is great. Need more time to evaluate him, but perhaps it is a fair point that our defense isn't trusting him at this point. He looks a bit nervy to me and shows in some of his handling, which I'm making the assumption would normally be a lot better.

I just wonder if Pilkington still has something to offer us. Our wingers have done fantastic overall this season and both of their work rates are excellent. But I'm not sure a clever slide rule pass is a forte for either or them and I feel Big Ken has been suffering as a consequence. Could an on form Pilks do a better job in picking out the big man? I also wonder if Pilks would do better in this side as we now have more pace, so his lack is would be less of an issue.
    I don't see Pilkington getting in the squad any time soon barring a major injury crisis. When you're behind Liam Feeney in the pecking order it's time to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    At the moment we are joint top after 7 games so difficult to be critical but i must admit to being a little disappointed when I saw the team sheet before Saturday's game. Loyalty to players is to be commended but a single change after the Preston debacle was playing too safe.
    Some of the players need to be rotated if only to bring more hunger to the squad and rest for some.
    We signed Tomlin as our creative number 10 but it seems that NW is not a total fan.
    Tomlin not only struggles for a start but now seems to be behind Brayson in the utilization of subs.
    Is this a sign that NW is not a firm believer in creative players unless they can also offer more ?
    Our next 3 games do not offer a respite and it is not inconceivable that we could find ourselves out of the top 6.
    I hope I have got this wrong but i do wonder if the start bubble will burst shortly.
    If Tomlin is behind Paul Brayson we're in trouble😱😱😱😱😂😂

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don't see Pilkington getting in the squad any time soon barring a major injury crisis. When you're behind Liam Feeney in the pecking order it's time to retire.
    You might well be right on Pilks not getting a chance. Think Pilks probably has the best vision, when on form, out of all our wingers though. Feeney is a strange one, very enthusiastic, seems to find space and can actually beat a man. But he's behind Hoilett and NML with his final ball, which is our main concern for the past few games. Another option at some point could be Tomlin out wide, but I can't see that happening either because of lack of back up in centre mid. Would like to see Benett overlap/underlap a bit more next game. Jazz in too and likewise.

I think (hope) they were all just a bit knackered and lost focus.

I'm hoping NW will steady the ship this week. It's not like we've had a disastrous run of results, the only real disappointment was Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If Tomlin is behind Paul Brayson we're in trouble������������
    I see them as different players and would play them together .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Its alarming how far he has fallen, the old Pilks, I did like his tenacity and his adaptability in playing in another position alien to him ie up top as a central striker , which he wasn't a complete flop at , he came a a winger /midfielder , perhaps he doesn't feel loved , with that adaptability he is and ideal bench man .

He needs a move I think and perhaps that what is motivating him , how is he in training , who knows ??