+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NW on TalkSport regarding Zohore

NW on TalkSport regarding Zohore

If we're not a top 8 or 9 club by Christmas.
    Club would sell Zohore to have funds for a rebuild in January.

Re: NW on TalkSport regarding Zohore

The problem is that if we aren't top 8 or 9, chances are he is continuing along the same form as now.

What will he be worth then?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The problem is that if we aren't top 8 or 9, chances are he is continuing along the same form as now.

What will he be worth then?
    'Twas always the gamble.

Player does nothing then finds an incredible run of form over a relatively short term. His value skyrockets. Club has offer from a higher division club.

If the club sells, a replacement needs to be found of a similar standard, so any fee should be realistic and not done on the cheap, with a suitable sell-on clause should the player be a success and move on to even better again.

If the club doesn't sell, it keeps an asset that could grow in value. On the flip side, the player might not recapture that form, or even sulks because he didn't get a move to a higher league, resulting in the club never being able to get that valuation for him again, plus having a player that isn't living up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    'Twas always the gamble.

Player does nothing then finds an incredible run of form over a relatively short term. His value skyrockets. Club has offer from a higher division club.

If the club sells, a replacement needs to be found of a similar standard, so any fee should be realistic and not done on the cheap, with a suitable sell-on clause should the player be a success and move on to even better again.

If the club doesn't sell, it keeps an asset that could grow in value. On the flip side, the player might not recapture that form, or even sulks because he didn't get a move to a higher league, resulting in the club never being able to get that valuation for him again, plus having a player that isn't living up to expectations.
    Sensible view ^^

Big Ken will deliver, all strikers hit lean spells for different reasons.
    He is still developing and is good at what he does. Others in the team are also off the boil at the moment and potential buyers will know this.
    Best man at the helm and he is keeping the interest in KZ going.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sensible view ^^

Big Ken will deliver, all strikers hit lean spells for different reasons.
    He is still developing and is good at what he does. Others in the team are also off the boil at the moment and potential buyers will know this.
    Best man at the helm and he is keeping the interest in KZ going.
    I was quite surprised when I read about Brighton's £17million offer given that we'd only seen the best of Zohore for a few months. Saying that, with all the extra TV money going about causing the transfer market to go nuts, perhaps I shouldn't have been.

Agreed that Warnock is the man to help Zohore. He's his sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was quite surprised when I read about Brighton's £17million offer given that we'd only seen the best of Zohore for a few months. Saying that, with all the extra TV money going about causing the transfer market to go nuts, perhaps I shouldn't have been.

Agreed that Warnock is the man to help Zohore. He's his sort of player.
    Even if KZ's goals dries up, there's so much TV money in the league that someone like Brighton will be desperate in January and will still offer something daft for him based on his potential etc. Boro panicked last Jan and spent 12m on Bamford and Gestede, both of whom clearly aren't good enough.

Can't help but feel Zohore is being asked to do an impossible job at times. He was chasing down that much the other day but having it passed around him by the Sheffield Wednesday defence that he was knackered by the time we had the ball and visibly unable to make as many runs as previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Even if KZ's goals dries up, there's so much TV money in the league that someone like Brighton will be desperate in January and will still offer something daft for him based on his potential etc. Boro panicked last Jan and spent 12m on Bamford and Gestede, both of whom clearly aren't good enough.
    Very true.

Warnock phsychology?

I wish Zohore would challenge for headers when in a 50/50 situation with defenders. He almost adopts the famous Schwinkendorf duck.

He looked like he couldn't be bothered at times last game or he was injured or been reading his own press? Should have sold him for £17m for sure.

(Now I hope I eat humble pie for the rest of the season).

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Can't help but feel Zohore is being asked to do an impossible job at times. He was chasing down that much the other day but having it passed around him by the Sheffield Wednesday defence that he was knackered by the time we had the ball and visibly unable to make as many runs as previous games.
    Agreed. I know people talk about defending from the front, but I thought the amount of pointless closing down done by Zohore, Hoilett and, occasionally, Bryson (the three players who were subbed) was getting applause from a home crowd eager to have something to be enthusiastic about, but did no good whatsoever as far as the players themselves were concerned - I haven't got much time for claims of tiredness in September, but we were playing in a manner which was very physically demanding during August.

Zohore is so closely marked that he has no time on the ball, add to that the woeful passing from the back means he is chasing loss causes. NW needs to sort the passing out reduce the long ball and get the full backs overlapping so that we can have better chances for the front 3.

Would have like to see Ward alongside Zohore sometimes to give the opposite centre backs more to think about. I did notice against Fulham McDonald seem to be in front of Zohore to stop balls to his feet and Sheff wed used Bannan to do the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Maybe Warnock will go for the big un / little un approach with Ward and Zohore. Keagan / Toshack , Chopra / Jay , so why not Ken and Danny - perhaps
    Tomlin in behind, Hoilett and NML on either wing, we could win every game 5-4.