+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A tip for Yahoo Mail users

A tip for Yahoo Mail users

Yahoo’s “New Mail” - a case reminiscent of Microsoft i.e. trying to fix something that “ain’t broke”. If you use Yahoo Mail you will be invited to sample the “New Mail” system. When you do, you’ll find you cannot revert back to the “Old Mail”. (Shades of Windows 10?).

That wouldn’t be so bad if New Mail was an improvement but believe me (and lots of other users too, according to the various user forums) it is not. Many useful features have gone and the speed has reduced.

Thankfully, I just discovered on the user forum this morning that someone has posted this: type the following into the address bar and you will get back to “Old Mail”

mg.mail.yahoo.com/d/optout

I tried it and it works. Thought it might be worth passing this on to fellow CCMB users.

Re: A tip for Yahoo Mail users

If you think Yahoo mail "aint broke" then you haven't been paying attention.

Thanks for the warning

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yahoo’s “New Mail” - a case reminiscent of Microsoft i.e. trying to fix something that “ain’t broke”. If you use Yahoo Mail you will be invited to sample the “New Mail” system. When you do, you’ll find you cannot revert back to the “Old Mail”. (Shades of Windows 10?).

That wouldn’t be so bad if New Mail was an improvement but believe me (and lots of other users too, according to the various user forums) it is not. Many useful features have gone and the speed has reduced.

Thankfully, I just discovered on the user forum this morning that someone has posted this: type the following into the address bar and you will get back to “Old Mail”

I tried it and it works. Thought it might be worth passing this on to fellow CCMB users.
    Thanks.

You cannot indeed "revert back"

International

they keep asking me to change. I just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    they keep asking me to change. I just ignore it.
    Is Yahoo still going. Do they still have those games rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I know what you mean - it's not perfect normally! I only use my Yahoo Mail address when I'm asked for it as part of ordering stuff on-line for example. I have a different private BT email address for friends/family, hence most of the junk stuff ends up in my Yahoo account rather than in the BT one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    You cannot indeed "revert back"
    Oops - the old double negative! Guilty as charged.

I know what you mean - it's not perfect normally! I only use my Yahoo Mail address when I'm asked for it as part of ordering stuff on-line for example. I have a different private BT email address for friends/family, hence most of the junk stuff ends up in my Yahoo account rather than in the BT one.
    Should have added: this is what was so annoying about the "New Mail" - I can't see anyway of blocking addresses. It is so easy in the current version. Hopefully they will take notice of the many complaints about this.

Thanks for that.I too tried it only to curse my stupidity when I realised you couldn't revert back.

yes you can iv done it, thanks very much fella

I am nicely surprised cause it seems I solved one of the main problems with my data. It was always a difficult question for me to convert emails and when I started to face with it on a regular basis I had to find a solution. Fortunately, it wasn’t that hard and a friend of mine recommended me a tool for import eml to outlook read more. Also, it has a nice interface and due to its powerful engine the task of conversion of emails can be a matter of a few clicks and you don’t have to spend hours to find info how to do this, because this tool will happily do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Hello Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hello Colonel
    I thought that and then realised it was from a year ago...