+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: More people being offended.

More people being offended.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...yrics-11198902

Would it be offensive if he was white?

Re: More people being offended.

Nothing like getting on the booze, having a laugh with your mates, singing about the size of a man's penis

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Nothing like getting on the booze, having a laugh with your mates, singing about the size of a man's penis
    Racist.

Reported.

Tbh the song is hilarious but I suppose they're saying any stereotype is bad. The statement by the Man United supporters club guy was pretty good I thought.

Feedback

hitler, has only got one ball
    the other is in the albert hall
    etc etc...

David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Tbh the song is hilarious but I suppose they're saying any stereotype is bad. The statement by the Man United supporters club guy was pretty good I thought.

Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If I was a black man and it was assumed that I had a massive nob then I'd say that's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If I was a black man and it was assumed that I had a massive nob then I'd say that's pretty good.
    Would love to see Lukaku come out and say 'I like my song, don't find it offensive at all'.

Then all these ****s can get back in their box.

It dates from a time when black people were commonly portrayed as being more bestial or animalistic than white people, and it often goes hand in hand with other negative stereotypes like aggression or intelligence.
    There were (probably entirely unintentional) undertones of this in the summer with the Lukaku Vs Morata debate, with Lukaku being described as powerful and Morata as intelligent.

In a lot of cases black men probably don't mind this particular stereotype, but it originated from justification to treat black people as second class citizens.

Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

Doesn't work all the time tho.

Some cars won't get into many garages.
    (mine's a 4x4 by the way...not a euphemism!)

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.
    I mean the whole point of that scene was that Brent was in the wrong, "it's a compliment if anything".

I think the issue is the song is embedded in Lukaku's race and they are saying why does it have to come back to that? It doesn't matter if it is a positive stereotype.

I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man with a 26 inch cock.

Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

I think they are saying any stereotype is bad because it is needlessly related to his race.

The point is you are not black so could feel a lot different about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It dates from a time when black people were commonly portrayed as being more bestial or animalistic than white people, and it often goes hand in hand with other negative stereotypes like aggression or intelligence.
    There were (probably entirely unintentional) undertones of this in the summer with the Lukaku Vs Morata debate, with Lukaku being described as powerful and Morata as intelligent.

In a lot of cases black men probably don't mind this particular stereotype, but it originated from justification to treat black people as second class citizens.
    Davinson Sanchez was recently described as a "destroyer" to compliment the technical ability of Toby Alderweireld, Vertongen and Dier.

It goes onto say, he's not actually made a tackle in his first two games but why let facts ruin some good, clean racism?

http://www.planetfootball.com/quick-...nsion-defence/

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Davinson Sanchez was recently described as a "destroyer" to compliment the technical ability of Toby Alderweireld, Vertongen and Dier.

It goes onto say, he's not actually made a tackle in his first two games but why let facts ruin some good, clean racism?

http://www.planetfootball.com/quick-...nsion-defence/
    What about "destroyer" is racist.

Same way ugly british centre halfs have always been described similarly.

Laughable

white people looking to be offended for black people is big business nowadays

and dier is average, not ball winning. Vertongen is a attacking CB. Alderweireld as well.

Laughable

It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.

Laughable

and dier is average, not ball winning. Vertongen is a attacking CB. Alderweireld as well.
    They've assumed he's a destroyer because he's black. They later say he's not made a tackle. Now, I don't know of many "destroyers" that don't tackle.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    Would love to see Lukaku come out and say 'I like my song, don't find it offensive at all'.

Then all these ****s can get back in their box.
    Then he proves all the racists wrong by whipping out the tiniest wang at the press conference

Then he drops the mic

Then he immediately retires from football

Then he breaks away from society

Then he begins a lifelong search for Atlantis in his 24 metre submarine

Then he finds Atlantis and he doesn't tell anybody

Then he transcends space and time and lives for ever in the unified field

Then he

They've assumed he's a destroyer because he's black. They later say he's not made a tackle. Now, I don't know of many "destroyers" that don't tackle.
    Clearances?.

A no nonsense defender?.

What about the word "destroyer" is racist?. Are black people known for being destroyers?.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.
    What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...opean-football

Clearances?.

A no nonsense defender?.

What about the word "destroyer" is racist?. Are black people known for being destroyers?.
    If you actually watch him play, he's nothing of the sort. He's played for Ajax for crying out loud. They're assuming, based on the colour of his skin, that's he's an uncompromising defender, whereas Vertongen etc is a cultured individual.

I usually think people look too much into this, but this one is pretty cut and dried.

Also, and here's a thought, instead of singing about the size of Lukaku's knob, how about sing about the fact he's scored 7 in 7.

And finally, we aren't allowed to decide what is racist and what isn't or what people take offence to. If Kick it out say it is racist, then it probably is. I don't remember any songs about a white player's cock.

Who called him a destroyer anyway?.

Laughable

It's part of a bigger picture, black players are very often talked about in terms of their physicality rather than intelligence, guile or elan, whereas the same disparity doesn't exist for white players.

Also think back to when Naby Keita looked likely to join Liverpool in the summer, a bunch of journalists scrabbling around for a comparison went for variously "the next Ngolo Kanye" or occasionally "the next Yaya Toure" , neither player being a particularly good match for the type of player Keita is. A white player who was a better match was never suggested.
    That's not to say that the journalists involved were any more racist than anyone else in the country, but that all of us probably still carry some hangups from less enlightened times. We too readily consider black and white people to be stereotypically different, and the songs about Lukakus member perpetuate that.

I don't find it particularly offensive personally, but I can see where people are coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's part of a bigger picture, black players are very often talked about in terms of their physicality rather than intelligence, guile or elan, whereas the same disparity doesn't exist for white players.

Also think back to when Naby Keita looked likely to join Liverpool in the summer, a bunch of journalists scrabbling around for a comparison went for variously "the next Ngolo Kanye" or occasionally "the next Yaya Toure" , neither player being a particularly good match for the type of player Keita is. A white player who was a better match was never suggested.
    That's not to say that the journalists involved were any more racist than anyone else in the country, but that all of us probably still carry some hangups from less enlightened times. We too readily consider black and white people to be stereotypically different, and the songs about Lukakus member perpetuate that.

I don't find it particularly offensive personally, but I can see where people are coming from
    Hey, we agree on something! And you put it into words a lot better than I can.

LK, Sanchez was called a destroyer in the link I posted.

If you actually watch him play, he's nothing of the sort. He's played for Ajax for crying out loud. They're assuming, based on the colour of his skin, that's he's an uncompromising defender, whereas Vertongen etc is a cultured individual.

I usually think people look too much into this, but this one is pretty cut and dried.

Also, and here's a thought, instead of singing about the size of Lukaku's knob, how about sing about the fact he's scored 7 in 7.

And finally, we aren't allowed to decide what is racist and what isn't or what people take offence to. If Kick it out say it is racist, then it probably is. I don't remember any songs about a white player's cock.
    You seem to think I am defending the lukaku song.

This destroyer thing is where I take issue. A common term to describe players like any football cliche.

What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...opean-football
    Because very often they weren't niave, some of the best defenders of the last 20 years have been African. It wouldn't be so bad it they'd ever called a different country it either but it was definitely only ever used for African defences, it was basically a "meme".

The world being far less racist than in the past is no reason to stop caring about racism though, when black students were first allowed into schools in the US the majority of people said they should just ignore the abuse and asaults bacause they'd already come far enough by being allowed into schools.