+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More people being offended.

Re: More people being offended.

Are we not allowed to sing about Nathan Blake anymore? Not because he's black but because we might offend any non-black robbers of fruit machines?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Are we not allowed to sing about Nathan Blake anymore? Not because he's black but because we might offend any non-black robbers of fruit machines?
    Or even generous robbers of fruit machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think people struggle to see this as racist because they see racism as being intentionally unkind or derogatory.
    With the Lukaku chant, many people see that as a compliment, so they don't see that as being racist and they certainly wouldn't consider themselves as racist. These are nice people, who just happen to have lived their entire lives within a culture where it is the norm to portray black people as animalistic powerful and Brutish and white people as intelligent and civilized.
    It is tings like this that probably contribute to the ridiculously small numbers of black managers in the game.
    That rapidly has changed/is changing.

Look at the music scene kids grow up listening to now

"British and white people as intelligent and civilized"

I would ask how white British people have been portrayed in the media over the past year.

Working class people being abused continously over the brexit vote.

The ST Georges flag abused so much it can't even be flown without cries of nationalism

It is a fact abuse of any kind aimed at black or non whites has a separate set of rules to the rest. It is taken far more seriously

I think people struggle to see this as racist because they see racism as being intentionally unkind or derogatory.
    With the Lukaku chant, many people see that as a compliment, so they don't see that as being racist and they certainly wouldn't consider themselves as racist. These are nice people, who just happen to have lived their entire lives within a culture where it is the norm to portray black people as animalistic powerful and Brutish and white people as intelligent and civilized.
    It is tings like this that probably contribute to the ridiculously small numbers of black managers in the game.
    If this is deliberate, I'm tipping my hat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If I was a black man and it was assumed that I had a massive nob then I'd say that's pretty good.
    If you're a black guy with an average size but shag a girl who's expecting a whopper and goes round telling everyone "oh my god he's tiny" then you might not like the stereotype so much.

A guy is walking past a driveway and sees a Jamaican putting up a sign that reads "Boat for sale." The man looks but all he can see is a car and a caravan so he says to the Jamaican, 'On that sign it says Boat for Sale' but all I can see is a car and a caravan?'
    The Jamaican replies, 'Yes, and dey boat for sale!'

He may be hung like a baby carrot and this song gives him a confidence boost on the pitch.
    Kick it out could ruin his career..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    He may be hung like a baby carrot and this song gives him a confidence boost on the pitch.
    Kick it out could ruin his career..
    On the other hand, the Stick it out campaign will be happy with this

Blog Entries

Thought I'd throw this in to the mix, is cotton racist?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...yrics-11198902

Would it be offensive if he was white?

i really do not see what is so offensive
    and the fact its chanted to a stone roses tune makes it a classic even if it is man utd lol

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wasn't a bolton fan arrested after someone reported him for saying it 2 seasons ago?

aww facking ell what kind of Richard head would report someone for that ?
    so in that respect 1000s of us could be arrested for our little English dittys
    madness just madness brother

Adebeyor
    Sol Campbell
    Lukaku
    Ian Wright
    Evra

Are all still sung today, I can't say I know the exhaustive list like. Football fans are generally good these terms in terms of racism and homophobia but it doesn't mean it's ok though.
    I thought the sol Campbell and Ian wright chants were related to homosexuality, rather than the colour of their skin?

The Lukaku one isn't racist (in my opinion)

The evra one was only sung by scousers who accused him of lying re: the Suarez incident.

So that just leaves Adebayor?

Hardly an epidemic is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    With a greater focus on defending, Pochettino needed a defender in the more literal sense, having relied previously on the technical talents of Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Eric Dier. Sanchez appears to be that destroyer, and the early signs suggest he is happy to do the dirty work.

The 21-year-old has not made a tackle in his two games, according to the Opta stats at least, but as Sir Alex Ferguson found out with Jaap Stam, it is dangerous to read too much into a defender’s tackling numbers.

This is clearly a crap writer clutching at straws for an article but racist? Not for me.

Look for the definitions of stereotyping and racism.

This is stereotyping, not:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Because people have thrown around the term so much you've forgotten the actual meaning.

common sense at last

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If this is deliberate, I'm tipping my hat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you're a black guy with an average size but shag a girl who's expecting a whopper and goes round telling everyone "oh my god he's tiny" then you might not like the stereotype so much.
    But if I'm black then I'll have a whopper anyway.

And even if I've only got a tiny white man willy then my reputation will have got me my fair share of fanny.

It's a win win.

Feedback

You don't think saying an African guys' job is Elephant Washer is even slightly racist?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    No
    ^THIS

When I picture an Elephant washer, I am thinking of an Indian midget with a long broom.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ^THIS

When I picture an Elephant washer, I am thinking of an Indian midget with a long broom.
    What if it's an African elephant though?

Fekin lil injun imigants steeelin jobbs.

Blue in the Face

Lukaku is from Belgium you racist

Feedback

It's a long broom

I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man who is a cock.
    Very True.
    Not a touch of Irony in sight.
    Well Done.

It dates from a time when black people were commonly portrayed as being more bestial or animalistic than white people, and it often goes hand in hand with other negative stereotypes like aggression or intelligence.
    There were (probably entirely unintentional) undertones of this in the summer with the Lukaku Vs Morata debate, with Lukaku being described as powerful and Morata as intelligent.

In a lot of cases black men probably don't mind this particular stereotype, but it originated from justification to treat black people as second class citizens.
    Morata has better movement in between the lines to find space whereas lukaku's game is more about a physical presence. It doesn't have to have racist undertones and using one characteristic to say this is what a player is is lazy football analysis rather than discriminatory.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Thought I'd throw this in to the mix, is cotton racist?

Lolz. How low can I.Q. and virtue signalling get?

Some people need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Then chucked in a gulag.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Lolz. How low can I.Q. and virtue signalling get?

Some people need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Then chucked in a gulag.