+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley

Joe Ledley

Still without a club

Has the last few games' tiredness shown that we could do with an extra option in midfield? Is Joe that man?

Re: Joe Ledley

1. Yes.

2. No.

Derby is his latest suitor

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Derby is his latest suitor
    I just hope he gets a club soon that's not Cardiff so these silly Ledley threads disappear. We don't need him.

He'd probably want's to do the best for his family (again). He just has to sit it out and wait until a good offer comes along, as he is one of better free agents available right now. There will be plenty of willing managers fearing the sack who will pay good money if they think he can help save their ass.

It's not ideal for Wales though, with two huge games coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He'd probably want's to do the best for his family (again). He just has to sit it out and wait until a good offer comes along, as he is one of better free agents available right now. There will be plenty of willing managers fearing the sack who will pay good money if they think he can help save their ass.

It's not ideal for Wales though, with two huge games coming up.
    Longer he' without a club, the lower his value.

In what world can Ledley "save a managers ass"? He's a decent player, sure, but he's not going to turn the fortunes of a team around.

It's ridiculous he hasn't sorted something out. He has ruled himself out of our crucial World Cup qualifiers next month.

Maybe he's still getting his hair done

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I just hope he gets a club soon that's not Cardiff so these silly Ledley threads disappear. We don't need him.
    A pay as you play contract?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Longer he' without a club, the lower his value.

In what world can Ledley "save a managers ass"? He's a decent player, sure, but he's not going to turn the fortunes of a team around.
    He's a decent defensive midfielder who could sort out promlems for a team who are struggling in that area. It's not a glamorous position, but it's a very important one that does have an influence on a game.

If Gunnerson doesn't sign a new contract we wouldn't get a better free transfer replacement? I'd force Gunners into a descison while Joe is still available otherwise we could lose Gunners for nothing in the summer like we did with Ledley and many others?

I do think he would be a good addition but as much as I never thought I'd say this, I couldn't see him shifting Ralls or Gunnarson from the starting 11.

We don't have natural cover or competition for Gunnarsson. Ledley would be ideal in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    We don't have natural cover or competition for Gunnarsson. Ledley would be ideal in that regard.
    Loic and Bryson can cover those positions.

I wouldn't say either are natural holding midfield players based on what I've seen of them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I wouldn't say either are natural holding midfield players based on what I've seen of them so far.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Thank fvck for that.

We need to get Gunners to sign a new contract or sell him in January. Otherwise we lose him on a free in the Summer as we did with Ledley,Bothroyd,Matthews and many others?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Thank fvck for that.
    Yep, the worst passing team in the Championship had a lucky escape there didn't they.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep, the worst passing team in the Championship had a lucky escape there didn't they.
    Not sure Ledley is the greatest passer of the ball, either, mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not sure Ledley is the greatest passer of the ball, either, mind!
    He doesn't hit defence splitting forty five yard passes and he doesn't play very skillful one touch balls either, but he's always been able to control the ball and quickly give a pass that is, far more often than not, an accurate one.

I think Ledley would be a good player for all/most championship teams, It bother's me that he doesn't have a club. It obviously doesn't suit him at the moment. City might benefit from more bodies but I would like to think that the profiling of potential signings/ free agent's continues. No big wages I think. Sure I heard Gabbidonn say on radio that he was offered to train with the City but he said no. Must have suited him better not too. Good luck too him.

That will learn me...read the whole thread. Signed for Derby. Good for him. Good player for Wales and us in the past. If you offered me Bryson Or Ledley I would take Bryson.