+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Alston and Tony Evans

Re: Adrian Alston and Tony Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    yes he did, he also got the promotion clincher at Bury, another big turnout on a Wednesday night
    That was a cracking night

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    That was a cracking night
    Best ever season following city, everyone on the pitch at the end of the game celebrating at Bury, what a night!

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Best ever season following city, everyone on the pitch at the end of the game celebrating at Bury, what a night!
    Yep and then to a pub to stop tap what a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Loved Alston and Evans era oh and Willie willie willie willie willie willie willie Anderson.

Remember Alston shooting from KO against Brighton and keeper ran into post as it just missed we went on to lose 1-0 in one of the most one sided games I have ever seen that we didn't win!
    I remember the game, it was on MOTD. This was the time when the BBC only had two games covered in the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Alston, oo oo was the only chant I can recall. And Tony Evans' was: Tony Evans walks on water na, na, na, na, na, na-na, na, na - sang to the tune of Chrimbo fave Deck the Halls. I'm sure it was Alston who scored the only goal in a famous win at fedora wearing Malcolm Allison's Crystal Palace when an estimated 7,000 City fans travelled.
    The song must have been plagiarized then as I remember it being "Toshack oo oo"

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Loved Alston and Evans era oh and Willie willie willie willie willie willie willie Anderson.

Remember Alston shooting from KO against Brighton and keeper ran into post as it just missed we went on to lose 1-0 in one of the most one sided games I have ever seen that we didn't win!
    That was the game Alston headed the ball down in front of the goal and it shot straight up and over the bar instead of into the net.

The 'Tony Evans walks on water' song we 'borrowed' from man city, they had a banner which read 'Dennis Tueart walks on water', that's where we got the idea for the song, true story.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    That was the game Alston headed the ball down in front of the goal and it shot straight up and over the bar instead of into the net.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    agree, i was 18, actually spent my 18th birthday away at Aldershot on at wednesday night we lost 2-1 willie anderson scored, we were bottom six and hardly lost again all season, Palace away, the old den, easter monday 0-0 at posh, had a cold turkey leg for grub, mair Daniels coaches happy days

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Text book header.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    yes he did, he also got the promotion clincher at Bury, another big turnout on a Wednesday night
    I was there for that one as well. As we streamed up the motorway, endless Liverpool coaches headed in the opposite direction to see them clinch the title at Wolves. At Bury, there was a pitch invasion pre-match as well as post-match. Happy days.

Clark and Toshack. nqat.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I was there for that one as well. As we streamed up the motorway, endless Liverpool coaches headed in the opposite direction to see them clinch the title at Wolves. At Bury, there was a pitch invasion pre-match as well as post-match. Happy days.
    Me too. I was living in Ilford then and I remember getting a coach back to London at some ridiculous time (midnight-ish?). I could rarely make it to away games in those days, so it was an extra-special night.

I remember the night for a different reason too. On the coach were some folk who were going to a David Bowie concert and they were dressed up as Ziggy Stardust - what a sight! Got fed up with their singing mind you – it was a long journey!

Better than Paul Wheeler and Ian Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The song must have been plagiarized then as I remember it being "Toshack oo oo"
    That's what I remember as well.

Great thread mind. Thanks to all of fellow posters for your fantastic contributions!! Carl Dale and Phil Stant???