+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sampson set to leave England ladies managers job

Sampson set to leave England ladies managers job

Re: Sampson set to leave England ladies managers job

More allegations to follow. Makes last night's celebrations even more cringeworthy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41337044

She sounds like Lee Trundle on that video!

think the latest alleged revelations are from his past, local lad and all

Like they say "Never work with kids or animals"

It seems that mark Sampson is Welsh again. Two mentions in that report is more than I have seen in any previous England coverage while he has been manager.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It seems that mark Sampson is Welsh again. Two mentions in that report is more than I have seen in any previous England coverage while he has been manager.
    Does that really matter

Blue in the Face

Sampson "Have you got family coming to watch the game?"

Aluko "Yeah I've got family flying over from Nigeria"

Sampson "Make sure they don't bring Ebola over with them"

Sacked.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41326806

It's just a crap joke no?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Sacked.

Except, whether he said that or not, he was sacked for something completely different that was investigated by the FA 3 years ago - and no further action was required then.

This is a real mess.

It looks as if the FA has boxed itself into a corner with the Aluko allegations and so has decided to sack Sampson for something unrelated. But something they had already looked into and given him an amber if not green light. Claiming that further details of this historic event have now come to light is desperate. The FA are in a hole and still digging - and making themselves look more stupid and incompetent by the day.

Sampson may or may not be a wrong 'un - but this sacking looks 100% political to get the media and others off the FAs back.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Does that really matter
    Andy Murray is British when he's winning, but Scottish when he loses.

Mark Sampson is British when he's a successful manager, but Welsh when he's accused of wrongdoing.

Them's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Sacked.

I suppose it depends on the way he said it. If meant as a joke then it doesn't like a big deal to me but then again I'm not black and have never been the subject of racism.

Does that really matter
    At the moment we don't know if he has been racist of not. We know that, as much as it may be his past character, if he is racist that he should not be manager of a national team and that racism is disgusting, but there really isn't much more to comment on that.

It is interesting that in talking about this there has been some reflection that in this being front page news it shows the increased attention the women's game is getting - but I wonder how many knew it wasn't just England looking for qualify on the back of the BBC coverage? And now two comments about him being Welsh whereas there wouldn't previously have been. Now that does open up a conversation and debate.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Andy Murray is British when he's winning, but Scottish when he loses.

Mark Sampson is British when he's a successful manager, but Welsh when he's accused of wrongdoing.

Them's the rules.
    Really ?

Can't beat a good witch hunt.

He has certainly been hung out to dry.

Some English coach no doubt will step into his shoes and inherit a damn good set of players.

From the way it has been handled, by the joke of an organisation that is the Football Association, I hope he takes them to the cleaners financially.
    Last edited by MacAdder; 20-09-17 at 20:03. Reason: Grammatical edit

Blue in the Face

Except, whether he said that or not, he was sacked for something completely different that was investigated by the FA 3 years ago - and no further action was required then.

This is a real mess.

It looks as if the FA has boxed itself into a corner with the Aluko allegations and so has decided to sack Sampson for something unrelated. But something they had already looked into and given him an amber if not green light. Claiming that further details of this historic event have now come to light is desperate. The FA are in a hole and still digging - and making themselves look more stupid and incompetent by the day.

Sampson may or may not be a wrong 'un - but this sacking looks 100% political to get the media and others off the FAs back.
    That sums it up pretty well. This is like a David Brent moment blended into The Thick of It via the world of women's football.

Speculation here, but I just wonder if the player herself might have boxed herself in to once an accusation was made? We'll never know I guess.

Surely the media and social media have made this ten times worse also. The polarised views are the voices we here the most because they garner the strongest reactions. This seems to be what qualifies as "newsworthy" in this era. Even though the extreme ends don't really represent the majority point of view.

Before we keep to defend does anyone know what's happened at the Bristol club ??

This is a real mess.

Pretty clear to me that the FA ordered an investigation into him to appear transparent (remember he was England manager at the time) and then decided not to do anything about it/not bother to read it.

The last investigation didn't interview any of the players accusing Sampson, so the whole thing has been handled extremely poorly, shockingly.

The rumours are on twitter as well. Also, Daniel Taylor has written this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-daniel-taylor

Really ?
    Yes.

It's so poorly managed. Smack's of Roy Hodgson wondering why he was sat in front of the press after his team had lost to Iceland and his resignation had already been tendered/demanded. We used to have something similar with Alun Evans in charge of F.A.W but luckily we have moved on.

Fekin women's football mun. No one gives a flyin fek

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Fekin women's football mun. No one gives a flyin fek
    And you still clicked on the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And you still clicked on the thread?
    He's a bit special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post