+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunderland

Sunderland

I know they have made changes, but a 3-0 loss v Everton will hardly put them in good spirits for Saturday.
    i have not felt so enthused about the City for a long time. Surely we are not going to break their awful home form on Saturday, and with Leeds and Derby to follow we must have a great chance of staying at or near the top. If we are up there a week Saturday, we must be in with a real chance of promotion.
    bloooobirds!!!

Re: Sunderland

I still fully expect Warnock to give a Slade style interview pre match and talk about how big and great a club they are.

I am sure he will say 'they have good players...good manager.....will come good.....hopefully not Saturday..etc' while secretly thinking Sunderland are shite and we are going to hammer them.

I don't get it. Even now they're still littered with reasonable players. I think we've caught them at a good time but I don't think they're a terrible team. Even with their good players they lost looking at last weeks squad they had; Macmanaman, Gibson, Vaughn, Oviedo, Williams, Rodwell and Catemole all players I would take here in a heartbeat but somehow made shit as all players that go to that part of the world do. That's without some of their summer signings like Grabban.

I do think they will come decent eventually after they lower their expectations. Doesn't matter how good you are, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

I wonder what sort of reception Adam Matthews will get? Nonchalant, like his performances for us I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't get it. Even now they're still littered with reasonable players. I think we've caught them at a good time but I don't think they're a terrible team. Even with their good players they lost looking at last weeks squad they had; Macmanaman, Gibson, Vaughn, Oviedo, Williams, Rodwell and Catemole all players I would take here in a heartbeat but somehow made shit as all players that go to that part of the world do. That's without some of their summer signings like Grabban.

I do think they will come decent eventually after they lower their expectations. Doesn't matter how good you are, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

I wonder what sort of reception Adam Matthews will get? Nonchalant, like his performances for us I guess.
    That's the thing though, they're not that good. All of the players above are bottom half Champ, with the possible exception of Oviedo, who is talented but a crock, and Cattermole. Rodwell is awful. Grabban is out for a month too. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get at least a point.

9 months since a home win, what's the home fans minded
    and thinking I wonder as they rock up each week .

We fix it for em.

I think if we score first then they will be straight on the players back and we'll win.

However if they score first then that'll be the spark they need and we will struggle to get anything