+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The debate

The debate

Simon Jordon and Bellers on tonight. Discussing Mark Sampson. Should be lively.

Re: The debate

Better than most combinations.

A bit of a mutual appreciation society at times, but they avoided most of the platitudes and cliches that this slot usually gets.

Cheap TV and mostly 'safe' but fairly entertaining if there are strong personalities like Jordan and Bellers - not the Sky clone types that have nothing original to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Better than most combinations.

A bit of a mutual appreciation society at times, but they avoided most of the platitudes and cliches that this slot usually gets.

Cheap TV and mostly 'safe' but fairly entertaining if there are strong personalities like Jordan and Bellers - not the Sky clone types that have nothing original to say.
    Agreed. Simon Jordon putting the presenter right on the difference between fact and opinion was quite entertaining.

Have seen a few of these, and for the most part these have been cliche laden and mundane throughout. However, although I missed the first 15 mins last nights debate was good viewing with 2 such opinionated guests. At one point Shreeve's couldn't shut them up to go for a break! Although Simon Jordan ain't everyone's cup of tea, for me, he talked a lot of sense last night and certainly has the courage of his convictions. Bellers, for me is always one of the better guests, I guess that's why he's invited back so often! He is certainly an advocate of a Director of Football, perhaps, paving the way for a Bellers - Warnock combination somewhere down the line at our club??

Bellamy has come across very well every week. Like you say no cliches but very well thought out responses.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Have seen a few of these, and for the most part these have been cliche laden and mundane throughout. However, although I missed the first 15 mins last nights debate was good viewing with 2 such opinionated guests. At one point Shreeve's couldn't shut them up to go for a break! Although Simon Jordan ain't everyone's cup of tea, for me, he talked a lot of sense last night and certainly has the courage of his convictions. Bellers, for me is always one of the better guests, I guess that's why he's invited back so often! He is certainly an advocate of a Director of Football, perhaps, paving the way for a Bellers - Warnock combination somewhere down the line at our club??
    Warnock is leaving at the end of the season isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Warnock is leaving at the end of the season isn't he?
    If we go up, yes. If we stay down, possibly. Still think he'd back track and would like one last go at the PL, regardless of what he says.

I just listened to the Tuesday night one with Merson and Kamara and as usual Merson was constantly talking absolute shit about the premier league being the only place where you can get surprise results! I suggest Merson looks at Real Madrid's first 3 home games this season!