+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guess which team are the worst passers of the ball in the Championship?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Guess which team are the worst passers of the ball in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a fair point, but having the worst pass completion in the division does not make us the worst passers in the division. It could mean that we play the most direct football
    I agree. If we play a lot of higher risk passes, then we'll have a lower pass completion rate.

Re: Guess which team are the worst passers of the ball in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree. If we play a lot of higher risk passes, then we'll have a lower pass completion rate.
    There's direct though and then there's first touch the ball bounces about a yard off you and, because of that, your second touch is a general hook/hoof forward to no one in particular or into the crowd - we've spent a fair proportion of the last two home games playing in a manner which bears comparison to Russell Slade's teams at their worst.

A contributor to my blog said every side we've played at Cardiff City Stadium this season, including Portsmouth and Livingston, have been less careless in their passing than us, I agree with that. Yes, you can say look at the results, but the sort of "direct" football we are showing signs of slipping into is one dimensional stuff that most teams will be able to cope with quite easily - to repeat myself again, even Warnock was unhappy with the quality of our first half passing on Saturday.