+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess which team are the worst passers of the ball in the Championship?

Re: Guess which team are the worst passers of the ball in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Exciting times for you Jursset, actually in sight of The Bluebirds. Amazing to think some prize idiots wanted to get your manager the sack last season.

I take it your boycott is over.
    I did not engage in a "boycott".

Tippy tappy football means feck all

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Caved in after a couple of wins. Bless.

https://twitter.com/TheExiledRobin/s...71994598199297

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    No you're right.

You just cried off for a while when you were losing.

Because you're a tosser with no friends.

And you're brother shoots children.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree. If we play a lot of higher risk passes, then we'll have a lower pass completion rate.
    There's direct though and then there's first touch the ball bounces about a yard off you and, because of that, your second touch is a general hook/hoof forward to no one in particular or into the crowd - we've spent a fair proportion of the last two home games playing in a manner which bears comparison to Russell Slade's teams at their worst.

A contributor to my blog said every side we've played at Cardiff City Stadium this season, including Portsmouth and Livingston, have been less careless in their passing than us, I agree with that. Yes, you can say look at the results, but the sort of "direct" football we are showing signs of slipping into is one dimensional stuff that most teams will be able to cope with quite easily - to repeat myself again, even Warnock was unhappy with the quality of our first half passing on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm a bit out of my depth in this thread but I'd have thought Warnock himself was partly to blame for Saturday. If you set up at home with three central midfielders and without full backs willing to push on then it's not leaving a lot of passing options for whoever is on the ball. I've no idea how other counter-attacking teams set up to win their home games but it seems a bit naive to start as though you're the away side and hope the other team will pile forward so you can catch them on the break. Fulham probably will but apart from them most teams, even those as good as Wednesday, will concentrate on stopping the ball getting to our front three first and foremost (they're not exactly secret weapons any more) so are unlikely to commit too many men forward.

I'm not expecting us to play like Man City and I know it's largely about grinding out results in the Championship but I still reckon there are enough decent players in the squad to be able to open up teams at home and enough decent defensive players to mind the shop if it means us committing a few more men forward at times to give better passing options. Hopefully Saturday was just a one-off blip, it would be a shame to see us go back to relying on set-pieces as our main source of chances.
    I take your point, because on Saturday we looked like a team with just three predominantly attacking players (two of whom are not playing as well now as they were in August), whereas when Damour was playing in the advanced central midfield position, his ability to get around the pitch meant that we more often than not had four who were primarily attacking players.

Warnock likes his two wingers, so it may be that he wants his full backs to play deeper because he fears things could get a bit cluttered if they pushed forward. However, our manager was critical of Joe Bennett but, interestingly, not Lee Peltier) after Saturday's match for not get forward enough in the first half and he said that the sort of position he was in when he shot just over in the last few minutes and then when he was fouled for the free kick which led to our goal was more in line with where he wanted from our left back.

All of which leaves me a little unclear about what is going to be expected from Callum Paterson if and when he starts to play in the first team, because everything I've read about him says that he is a polar opposite of the type of right back Peltier is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Attachment 1817

Gets me every time
    :(

It must say that for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    No you're right.

You just cried off for a while when you were losing.

Because you're a tosser with no friends.

And you're brother shoots children.